Today I Invested In a Manticore And Pro 40 Pin Pointer

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started metal detecting about five years ago with a White's Spectra 3Vi. About a year later moved up to an Equinox 800. Put hundreds of hours on the 800. I then plunked down a full cost deposit on a Manticore then grew impatient over the course of months without any credible shipping status reports. I cancelled, got a refund, then Invested in the Equinox 900. I enjoyed success on all three units. Today I came full circle and ordered the Manticore.

Getting time in the field to detect is often a precious commodity. I want the best machine in my hands to maximize my success. I know the Minelab platform well. The 900 is a noticeable improvement over the 800. If the Manticore is even a 5% better machine I will take it. I have a large property with permission which has a cell tower and high power lines running past. Have to scale my sensitivity back. The 900 was better than the 800 in this respect. Hoping the Manticore is even better with EMI. It will also be fun to go over sites where I have experienced success. I'm mostly an audible signal detectorist so it will be interesting to focus on screen output. My colonial sites are low in iron junk and modern trash so I end up digging most repeatable solid hits. I think the colonials must have reclaimed and recycled many of their old nails as I don't find many. My biggest curse is pre-1960 shotgun shell brass bases. The paper is rotted off, they read like coins, and cover a wide range from the 20s to the 40s, depending on whether they are high or low cut bases and their depth. I end up digging so many but I have to look. Often times I bet they are shells and am right.

Looking forward to getting it out in the field. And using the new pointer.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us updated on the Manticore, good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions