Todays Rollercoaster Ride

Axecutioner

Nov 16, 2011
SLO, CA / LV, NV
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's Rollercoaster Ride

I went to my normal pickup bank for my usual 3 boxes/week, but they didn't place the order because of the holiday. ↓

So I figured I'd try my old pickup bank that I don't go to anymore and ask for any halves they have. They pulled out an old canvas bag of $435 in halves and said they'd had it for a while and haven't been able to get rid of it. ↑

Then a different teller asks me if I'm looking for silver. "Aren't all coins silver?" "No, just the halves before 1970 and dimes and quarters before 1964" *me to myself* "Oh great, I bet she's already looked through these and picked out the silver". ↓

I take it all and ask if they have any loose halves or large dollars and end up with 13 BU 2011 halves (8 P and 5 D) and 45 Ikes. ↑

I get the bag home and search through all but the last handful finding nothing. ↓

In the last 20-30 coins I find 2x 40%: a 1965 and 1967. ↑ :D Better than my last 3 boxes combined.

Let's see... down up down up down up. At least I finished the day on a positive note. Totals are now 18x 40% and 1x 90%, or ~$100 silver value.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread