too many wheaties, not enough silver

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disappointing day today. Do you ever have days where the lack of silver coins is dumfounding? ??? Boo hooo. I went to a new site today. I knew it was old and started in the 1920s. I found a 1934 tax token, 6 wheat pennies, a 1947 and '40 nickel. I also found a sterling silver child's ring: unsure of the decade.

With all these wheaties, where is the silver??? :icon_scratch: So weird...
Think I should try again? I searched far and wide for hours, literally...

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

***********************************************************************************************************
Thank you all for your encouragement! Is there such a thing as silver withdrawals? I think I had that the other day lol It's fixed now though as I pulled this pretty one out of the ground today! I also got 3 wheaties... :headbang:
IMG_4332.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 11

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Lilly0fA

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nepa-Will: Thanks! Yeah that's definitely true. I have been trying under the bushes a lot more recently, as long as I don't get attacked by a gigantic sticker bush! I did find my one and only thus far half dollar under the shrubs, on what used to be a pathway to a school. That's where they get dropped!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of us detectorists have seen days where wheat pennies were found in bunches ,but silver was not.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think most of us detectorists have seen days where wheat pennies were found in bunches ,but silver was not.

Ain't that the truth.

I had a very short after work hunt this evening before coming back to work for a while. I found 6 coins, all pre 1964. Not a single silver showed up.

I'm really beginning to believe that some of my spots were cherry picked a very long time ago. I was talking to a guy this evening who told me that many people used to detect this spot in the 80's but he never sees anyone besides me anymore.

I know my detector finds silver if it's there. Plenty of rings but very few coins this year. (of course the year ain't quite over yet)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread