Tot lots, coins... and a heart stopper.

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally got out today for the first time in forever. Doing my research, and talking to local friends, I found out there is a school that's no longer used, except for storage, not far from home. So I rolled on up and scouted it out. There were 4 large raised pea-gravel filled areas with no equipment, but obviously where there used to be. There was also a new school built right across from this one. Decided to hit both tot lots and see what I could scrounge up. First small lot was a bust, just a few scrap nails and hair ties. Second had a few quarters and a penny. Third lot had a junker ring and a couple more quarters and a dime. I always make a point to hit monkeys bars every time I'm at a school, so over I went and got a good, repeatable low tone 4" down in the beauty bark. Started brushing the bark aside and about had a heart attack right there. GOLD...color. :/ Looked real enough standing up, but once I knelt down to pick it up, I noticed the clasp was just a simple magnet. Inspected just to make sure, and it's definitely plated. Oh well, still had a good day. Nice and sunny and 70 degrees. Next time...
20150614_160638.jpeg
20150614_160704.jpeg
20150614_160722.jpeg

Upvote 3

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a nice liitle hunt at those spots. Don't we dig for that elated feeling when you pull something valuable? Sorry about your bust, but it's still a cool find.:thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Hey for those first three seconds it WAS a gold bracelet!
I know how you feel, I did the same with a gold color ten cent euro, then I figured out what it was!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread