Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People seem to get on here often bummed about not digging up anything interesting. So I figured after hitting one of my best sites ever this past weekend, I would show how much trash was dug even on my best days of high number finds. For all the beginners, just keep digging it's there. Now keep in mind this is a cellar hole, much different than field hunting. The first photo is a 5 gallon kitty litter bucket full of trash and iron. This is the trash from 3 hunts totaling about 8 or so hours. The next pics are what was found that were keepers for me. This is the best ratio I've ever had by a long shot, but still gives an idea of what it takes to pull those old relics. Normally i would expect to dig 3 or 4 times the amount of iron and trash than this. 20171001_123834_resized.jpg 20170928_202321_001_resized.jpg 20170929_194405.jpg 20170930_185912_001.jpg

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You bring up a very good point. I can't tell you how many times I have been skunked, only having trash or novelty items to show for a few hours of hunting. This is one of the key reasons, in my opinion, why newbies to this hobby give up so fast. Learn your machine, research your sites and have a dump truck load of patience..... and a strong pouch for all the trash you will be digging.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really need to order a pouch from that one guy who makes them, I've torn 3 with all the iron I dig haha. I really need to start bringing a backpack

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes you have to dig the trash to see what good targets were being masked.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I really need to order a pouch from that one guy who makes them, I've torn 3 with all the iron I dig haha. I really need to start bringing a backpack

I think that you are talking about Freeloader. I have one of the pouches and they are really nice. I've been pounding on it for at least (6) months, and it hasn't skipped a beat.

If you aren't digging a lot of trash, I guarantee you are missing good targets. The road to Treasure Town, is paved with trash!

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that you are talking about Freeloader. I have one of the pouches and they are really nice. I've been pounding on it for at least (6) months, and it hasn't skipped a beat.

If you aren't digging a lot of trash, I guarantee you are missing good targets. The road to Treasure Town, is paved with trash!

Yes freeloader, Gotta get one of those sweet pouches. Trash for sure leads to treasure.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

where is this treasure town of which you speak?

chub

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely recommend the freeloader custom pouch... and from the looks of it you should get the large one... have him add wheels, and a pull handle. :)

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely recommend the freeloader custom pouch... and from the looks of it you should get the large one... have him add wheels, and a pull handle. :)
Add a motor and I'm down

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's down below bottle cap trail......

ha ha ha .... So I turn left at pull tab ridge then ford the canslaw river then over the Fe pass..... this belongs in X marks the spot

Chub

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Watch out for speed traps in Treasure Town. Gotta slow down depending on what you're driving. :laughing7:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, looks like you have the percentage 100% perfect. Hardest lesson I had in my early years.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Tpmetal,

You found some very nice relics! :occasion14:

Rest assured we all find a "ton" of trash, its part of the hobby. The ratio of finds/keepers is a function of location, knowing your machine, operator and getting that coil over it. :icon_thumleft: Today I dug mostly trash, but it was still a good day out in the fresh air. I would never get "bummed" about digging trash, sure beats watching TV. :headbang:

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread