treasure coast sites?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
You might want to take a look at: Military Map of the Peninsula of Florida South of Tampa Bay Compiled from the Latest and Most Reliable Authorities by Lieut J.C. Ives Top. Engineers under the general direction of Capt. A.A. Humphreys Top. Engineers by order of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War (War Department: 1856). Senate Doc. No. 89, 62d Cong. 1st Ses.

Reprints are out there - you don't have to find an original. One reprint has an overlay of modern roads to help guide you to those sites today.

See if you can locate a copy of Memoir to Accompany A Military Map of the Peninsula of Florida, South of Tampa Bay, compiled by Lieut. J.C. Ives, Topogl. Engineers, under the general direction of Capt. A.A. Humphreys, Topogl. Engineers, by order of the Hon. Jefferson Davis, Secretary of War, April 1856, War Department (New York: M.B. Wynkoop - 1856).

The Memoir is very detailed. I think you would find it quite useful.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

OP
OP
M

me_2017

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2017
Fort Pierce, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a text copy (no illustration) but really good read. living in the area I can almost put myself on spot... thanks, very descriptive.

OP
OP
M

me_2017

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2017
Fort Pierce, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been using mostly the blm survey maps from the 1840's they have been proven to be useful also, as they reference forts and sites of intrest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions