Treasure hunters who claim FBI dug up and made off with $500M Civil War gold want release of documents they say could PROVE agents planned night dig

Status
Not open for further replies.

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunters who claim the FBI dug up and made off with $500million of Civil War gold under the cover of darkness want the agency to hand over records they say will prove whether it planned a night dig.

Father and son Dennis and Kem Parada believe they found a burial site halfway up a mountain in western Pennsylvania laden with a shipment of government gold from 1863.

They alerted the FBI in 2018, who commissioned independent testing that indicated the presence of the precious metal.

The agency claims the dig turned out to be a bust, but the Paradas believe the FBI carried on their excavation during the night, before making off with the loot - depriving them of a hefty finders' fee.

The treasure hunters sued the FBI last year in US District Court in Washington, DC, and forced the release of documents relating to the dig under a Freedom of Information Act request. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...unters-claim-FBI-dug-500M-Civil-War-gold.html

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah there are already several threads about this

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Who can recall.......
Pictures taken underground. A suggested human bone? (Looked like a stick to me.)
Alleged metal (?) object and enough to suggest human stuff.
Site was a small cave or under a ledge of underground rock . Wet inside. For reasons those taking the pictures needed to try to explain , they couldn't just go under the edge or into cave. Flooded perhaps?

Was that the same Dents Run site to become the F.B.I. dig site?
If so where are the early pictures including the "bone"?
And did a /that void get dug?

Busting rock layer(s) isn't really a warm recovery thought. When something large was supposed to have been placed there , a large area of stone was not going to grow over it after.
If someone or a party covered the site with immense sized stone after placing a cache , the back hoe couldn't lift such pieces? And how would the original party have removed such upon a later return?
Must have been a good reason if the F.B.I. was busting rock. Up to operator knowledge if busting through the roof of a cave or ledge.
From the F.B.I. photos that wasn't what was going on. But I still wouldn't be above a void in the earth let alone with equipment undermining what holds the equipment!

IF the early camera drop of cave "bone" site is the same , description of what was there then would have had a hoe pulling from the downstream /downrun itself side under the ledge the void was below.
Not what I see in any F.B.I. photos. They're digging along one side of the run. Understood they are on target. I just don't get how the target evolved to that spot.
Void should have been over operators right shoulder from the last pic I posted. And more centered as water behaved as water does by gravity while seeking it's own level.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know, but this is a new article with new pics. Try reading before commenting.
Not really reading anything new, pretty much more of the same. Please point out what is new in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread