High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
From Loco-Digger after finding my first silver, a 1944 merc.

]Quote] Dang, you've had to dig along time for that silver. Congrats, I know you must be stoked! Enjoy the high, it's one of the things I enjoy about this hobby. Now that you broke the ice, I see more silvers coming soon.

My third visit to the carnival grounds after the 4th of July Firemen's Carnival, I score a 1957 silver quarter along with another bunch of dimes from the dime toss game. Thanks for the insight Loco, you must be a wizard. First Silver Quarter.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
No gold in NY

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:notworthy: I don't know why it works like that, but until you dig your first, I guess the detecting God's are against you, but once you pull one, others will follow. :icon_thumleft: Just know in your heart, that every time you are going out detecting that you WILL FIND A KEEPER, and more than likely it will happen. Thanks for the shout out and I will be looking for more from you in the near future. I'd grid the heck out of that place.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats...now enjoy a steady diet of silver! Our fairgrounds, which has been courting our county fair since the 1830's, is probably about the only fairgrounds I know of that won't let you detect the fairgrounds...parking lot!? Sure...swing away! Grrrr....I talked to one of the rude board members as I was dropping off some of my wife's fair food entries, and was met with "We let the Boy Scouts detect the grounds once a year to earn a badge, and we don't want to deplete the coins". Let me add that I've never EVER seen this take place. Not trying to appear selfish, but one would say that after 180 some years, there won't be a coin shortage.. I "wandered" to up around the animal barns last summer while digging trash in the parking lot, and here comes ole dude in a golf cart, almost running me over in the process of shooing me back to the parking area...so enjoy your fairgrounds! And enjoy your beautiful silver...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread