Treasures in or near Irapuato, Mexico

rmarceng

Oct 5, 2015
Irapuato, Guanajuato
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a native South Carolinian recently relocated to Irapuato, Mexico for the next several months. Guanajuato city is about an 1.5 hours north of me so I figure there should be some good opportunities to go looking around and see what I find in several local areas. I'm new to this whole thing and currently don't have any equipment or knowledge, so I'm looking for input in all aspects... metal detecting, geographical indicators, where to and not to look, etc.

Thanks!

Rod

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Rod, Be suspicious of treasure stories you hear. Ie.: embellished "he said she said" legends. Eg.: a "certain treasure in every cave" and "every ruins". Pancho villa, conquistadors, blah blah . Lots of lore down there that is deeply rooted in the culture. But after awhile, you'll learn to take them all with a grain of salt. JMHO.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In other words it is the same as in the states, embelished stories. No better or worse. I have no stories in tha area Marceno--
:coffee2::coffee2:

Only difference is that Mexico has about 300 years of violent head start over the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread