Tried the CTX at a site I have worked hard with the Etrac

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit my old standby site tonight , it's only a few minutes from the house and is great when your short on time . I have hit this area hard with my Etrac and the last few times I didn't have any luck . I found 5 Lincoln's in 2 different areas that I gridded with the Etrac in the past . Someone who really knows the etrac I'm sure could have found these but I'm encouraged that I found these quickly with the CTX . I hated putting out the cash for this detector but so far so good . Compared to a lot of my friends , this is a very cheap hobby no matter what detector you own .

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they wheats or just memorials? How deep were they?

OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just memorials , the average depth was 4 " . I know for a fact the stock Etrac coil was over the coins . There's just a lot of trash along with the coins . I will say that I didn't hunt this much in TTF with the Etrac . So I may have found them if I had used it . I just never had the patience with TTF for very long on the Etrac .

Using Gone Huntings Combined program with discrimination on the CTX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread