Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Met up with Dave(Antiquarian)and tried a few spots-
Well it was windy, overcast, spotty showers yesterday and I really tried to get some last minute permissions to be a accommodating host, but totally bombed out on both sites for finds. The first been a original house site or what is believed to be, turned up a brass item that I have misplaced the other end, and a toe tap for the 2hrs of hunting that we put into the site. The second site where I tried the Scrappy mojo, was a total bomb. It was time for Dave to head out and I decided to stick with the hunting, then I got a call to help find s missing tool that the farmer dropped off a building platform. So I went to the location but couldn't find the tool because of the iron that was laying around the site plus the weeds. So I put a little bit of detecting time in on my corn stalk corner. The results were a lead object, broken scissor handle, 1942 Wheat, plus a large iron hook, the only reason I am showing the find is in the hole I got another high tone so I redug the hole and out popped the 1813 token!Just proves that the ears are better judging a target than any screen number.

IMG_20151114_101335748_HDR.jpg IMG_20151113_210021832_HDR.jpg IMG_20151114_101244262_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151113_172136173_HDR.jpg IMG_20151114_103331864.jpg IMG_20151114_103355321_HDR.jpg
IMG_20151114_103805279_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like that token !!!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on the token! Wish they all came out looking like that!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yesterday was a lot of fun Jim, I learn something new about detecting every time we hunt together. :occasion14:
I was truly excited yesterday and thought for sure that homestead site would show us the goods!

I still don't think that was an old house site though, the finds coming up just weren't right. :icon_scratch:
There was no glass, not pottery and only the occasional square nail. I'm still thinking that either a small barn or an animal shelter likely stood there.
That's one sweet looking Half Penny too!

Thanks again for yesterday buddy, you have a beautiful home and view too! :thumbsup:
Dave

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That half penny token is really cool and in excellent condition. Nice score there Pepp!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That token is very nice. Congratulations!
Thank You bees

I really like that token !!!
Thanks bigfoot

Great score on the token! Wish they all came out looking like that!

Thanks Relic
It's a bit pooched be it still has pretty good detail.

That token cleaned up wonderfully nice find!
Thank You Indiana it still needs some TLC but it's a project down the road.

Yesterday was a lot of fun Jim, I learn something new about detecting every time we hunt together. :occasion14:
I was truly excited yesterday and thought for sure that homestead site would show us the goods!

I still don't think that was an old house site though, the finds coming up just weren't right. :icon_scratch:
There was no glass, not pottery and only the occasional square nail. I'm still thinking that either a small barn or an animal shelter likely stood there.
That's one sweet looking Half Penny too!

Thanks again for yesterday buddy, you have a beautiful home and view too! :thumbsup:
Dave
Thanks Dave you're just too easy to please.
Too bad the weather kind of sucked as the finds did, worthy of another try?-not. We can only hope for the weather to hold out so the crops will come off the station fields, then we'll have some fun.
The wild GSD liked you, long lost buddy and he just met you.:laughing7:

That half penny token is really cool and in excellent condition. Nice score there Pepp!

Thanks Scrappy
No mojo once again, a 6 hrs of swinging to produce a keeper.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That token clean up real nice.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! I love that 1813 token looks really good. Congratulations, Happy hunting.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That token clean up real nice.

Thanks Cru

Even though the soils are heavy clay it seems that the older ones are surviving the test of time.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds!! I love that 1813 token looks really good. Congratulations, Happy hunting.

Thanks Digging Dude

It's a keeper that's for sure, but I'd trade it for the Deus.:)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THAT IS ONE FINE LOOKING TOKEN YOU GOT THERE PEPPER. MAN THE DETAIL INSCRIBED ON THE COIN IS AWESOME . HEY PEP I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY COMMENTS ABOUT THE BIRD I HAVE TO SAY NOW THAT IT LOOKS LIKE AN EAGLE WITH ITS WINGS RAISED . BOY NOW I CAN CANCEL THE OPT DEPARTMENT VISIT .

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy that token sure saved the day :occasion14: That's older than any of mine, My oldest dated token is a 1854 Bank of Upper Canada One Half Penny.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Token is way cool

thanks TJ

THAT IS ONE FINE LOOKING TOKEN YOU GOT THERE PEPPER. MAN THE DETAIL INSCRIBED ON THE COIN IS AWESOME . HEY PEP I HAVE TO APOLOGIZE FOR MY COMMENTS ABOUT THE BIRD I HAVE TO SAY NOW THAT IT LOOKS LIKE AN EAGLE WITH ITS WINGS RAISED . BOY NOW I CAN CANCEL THE OPT DEPARTMENT VISIT .

Thanks sutphin
No problem, what I didn't know-didn't hurt. :)

Boy that token sure saved the day :occasion14: That's older than any of mine, My oldest dated token is a 1854 Bank of Upper Canada One Half Penny.

Thanks LD
The Upper Canada Tokens are really a cool find also, have a few myself.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread