Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check under the coil cover if it had one ?

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that with some of those coils, and other brands, that the pins don't connect properly when you screw it in place. Have you had it in the water? My Garret 4" had a leak at the seam and my detector acted similar, When I went to take the coil off I saw water leaking out.
Not sure if you bought your Detech new or not, or that you have done this but I've seen some people unscrew the coil plug then yank it out by the cable and not down by the screw thread.
Try plugging it in again, turn it off then on (reboot) and go thru the modes and ground balancing procedure and see what it does. If you know someone with another brand detector this coil will work on try that. I'm not sure if other brands use same number of pins, ect.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

OP
OP
Outrider43

Outrider43

Dec 25, 2014
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites D6000, MXT All Pro and Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check under the coil cover if it had one ?
Still not working reliably, so the best fix was to buy the next one new. Luckily found a replacement on Ebay which wasn't easy.

OP
OP
Outrider43

Outrider43

Dec 25, 2014
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites D6000, MXT All Pro and Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that with some of those coils, and other brands, that the pins don't connect properly when you screw it in place. Have you had it in the water? My Garret 4" had a leak at the seam and my detector acted similar, When I went to take the coil off I saw water leaking out.
Not sure if you bought your Detech new or not, or that you have done this but I've seen some people unscrew the coil plug then yank it out by the cable and not down by the screw thread.
Try plugging it in again, turn it off then on (reboot) and go thru the modes and ground balancing procedure and see what it does. If you know someone with another brand detector this coil will work on try that. I'm not sure if other brands use same number of pins, ect.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:
Still not working reliably, so the best fix was to buy the next one brand new. Luckily found a replacement on Ebay which wasn't easy.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it working now ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions