Trying something a little different this week. pickin up in a different town.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, Ok, so, my vault teller is still on vacation till next Monday so I have no orders this week, so I thought I would try something a little different this week. I called one of the branches of my dump bank( one I have never dumped at before) about 40 min away and asked if they could order me 1000 in halves, the guy checks with the tellers and comes back and says " No problem, but the tellers said that they may not be in boxes, it may come in as 2 canvas bags of 500 each". So, I've heard good and bad about buying bags( it seems more bad) so I'm a little worried now, but will search them anyway. So, what I am wondering is are these really shipped out in canvas bags from the supplier, or taken off a coin machine some where, or something else. The local bank I dump at is supplied by Garda and I know they get the flat boxes with yellow writing on them. I usually search the cube boxes ( I believe are Brinks) and this will be the second time I've ever searched from Garda, first time 8 months ago were 2 skunks. So we'll see what happens on Friday when I get the bags. Tell me what you think, just figured I'd try it once and see what happens. Good luck to everyone hunting today! Thanks, Maverick

Upvote 0

BlackOut

May 31, 2012
I would guess they come in plastic bags off a coin counter. They were probably told "bags" and just assumed canvas on their own. Could be great and could be a dump.

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You should call back and ask if they are canvas bags. And if they are you should pick them up dressed as the Monopoly guy!

ihittheskislopes

Jun 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should call back and ask if they are canvas bags. And if they are you should pick them up dressed as the Monopoly guy!

I agree, as far as if they are going to be good or bad I dont think Ive ever heard of buying coins in canvas bags so I cant wait to hear what you get.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, as far as if they are going to be good or bad I dont think Ive ever heard of buying coins in canvas bags so I cant wait to hear what you get.

I'll post again on Friday after I pick them up, I'm very curious myself. I was hoping somebody would be able to answer my question or had come across this before. Maybe the guy misunderstood the teller, I don't know, but he did say canvas bags. Thanks, Maverick.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
best of luck. it sounds like no one knows, so you are the pioneer. lol.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
best of luck. it sounds like no one knows, so you are the pioneer. lol.

Lol, thanks hokie, glad to see you still checking in, be sure and let us know a bout the new bank in town, I'm hopeing it works for you! Thanks Maverick

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only canvas bag I have gotten was a dump :(

But I totally use the bag for my coins now. I have dumped with the canvas bag many-a-times since. Their is no '$' symbol painted on it thought... too many project :P

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
the only canvas bag I have gotten was a dump :(

But I totally use the bag for my coins now. I have dumped with the canvas bag many-a-times since. Their is no '$' symbol painted on it thought... too many project :P

Ya, I'm a little worried about them being dumps, but figured I'd try something a little different.

Bigj5731

Aug 26, 2009
Michigan
My canvas bag experience. Approx 4 dollars short. Including many toy coins the size of halfs.

I did find about 10 40%ers! Hope your luck is better

-bigJ

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My canvas bag experience. Approx 4 dollars short. Including many toy coins the size of halfs.

I did find about 10 40%ers! Hope your luck is better

-bigJ

Thanks Bigj, I will definetly be posting picks on Friday when they arrive. 10 40%ers would be real nice! Unless this turns out to be an awsome pickup, I won't do the bag thing again, but it is an area I have never hunted yet, so we'll see. Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread