Two more Enfields! Gotta figure out where they were fired from!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two more Enfield's! Gotta figure out where they were fired from!

Got out to my site where i've been pulling Enfield Minies and I had Dirt Stalker meet me out there. He had a couple of finds then he had to go. Of course right after he left i started finding Bullets again. These two were found basically on the same line as the other two. The first one that is all smashed up was actually inside of wood. But it wasn't visible or in a branch it was like the it was shot into the tree and the wood grew around it then died and all that was left of the tree was formed protectively around the bullet. So that was pretty cool to dig up. I have to figure out where the bullets were fired from then maybe i can pull some buttons and plates! Fingers crossed.

IMG_3190.jpg IMG_3191.jpg IMG_3192.jpg IMG_3193.jpg IMG_3194.jpg IMG_3195.jpg IMG_3196.jpg

Upvote 5

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Clearly someone/something was on the receiving end of those bullets- keep working the area and good stuff is bound to start popping up. Those lead bullets hit hard on that machine, listen instead for the scratchy deep stuff that hits at 8 inches +

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please tell me you didn't dig the bullet out of the wood. A CW bullet in wood is not only super cool to display, but they are worth from $35 to $75 each depending on how much wood you have. There happens to be one in my avatar if you look closely. Last week, a buddy hauled a 30 pound section of tree trunk a mile out of the woods because a bullet in an intact section of trunk will bring about $100. BTW - love finding enfields!

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me you didn't dig the bullet out of the wood. A CW bullet in wood is not only super cool to display, but they are worth from $35 to $75 each depending on how much wood you have. There happens to be one in my avatar if you look closely. Last week, a buddy hauled a 30 pound section of tree trunk a mile out of the woods because a bullet in an intact section of trunk will bring about $100. BTW - love finding enfields!

it was encased in wood. like you couldn't see it. Basically it was a bullet with a layer of thin wood around it. I know better to take it out of wood lol

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Look for any sort of high ground, ridgelines or low hills in the immediate area. There's a ridge near me on the Resaca battleground, and I've found a decent number of fired rounds on the opposite hillside, call it 75 to 100 yards away. Evidently the southern troops were lighting up the Union forces as they came down that hill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread