Two more wheats!!! Question AT PRO Non alkaline batteries ???????

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you use non alkaline batteries with at pro the Duracell last 30 percent longer batteries never thought about it but my friends bought me a 30 pack of these any thoughts or does it matter?? Anyway I found two wheats today no pics they are to dark to even read the dates... I have found so many wheats I feel like I'm harvesting a wheat farm I'm going to throw on my Nel Attack coil and see if that helps find the silver Thanks for looking at my post!!!

Upvote 7

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched
tn_02.gif
and found...

I put new batteries in my MDer today and when i turned it on and used it for a few minutes i noticed the speaker had gotton very low.So i was worrying that the speaker was faulty and it would have to be replaced or water had gotton to the housing :'( I tried to figure it out for at least 15 minutes then i finally did...................in my rush to get out MDing i had gotton NON alkaline batteries! whewwwwww !!!! I thought i was in trouble !!! LOL so i went to the store and got the good ole alkalines and she sounded off just fine ! ;D Moral of the story ALWAYS look before you buy ! Its advice to live on ! ;D ;D ;D

Now, my AT PRO Owner's Manual ONLY states: It is best to use quality alkaline batteries. When changing batteries, be sure to replace with all new batteries for optimum performance. It doesn't say not to use - just says it is best to use...

Me - always use what the vendor suggests just in case I have a problem and want to get it serviced - I am sure a member(s) will pipe in shortly.

OP
OP
A2coins

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply I agree I feel bad cause I was given a package of 30 so I wanted to get input Thanks again for the advice!!! Ill call garrett Monday I don't want to take chances. I'm curious if any one has or does use them

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They work like a champ in mine.Tried rechargable and hated them just check to make sure no leaks and if you go in water make sure your O ring is lubed so they don't get wet.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They might not last as long but they are not going to hurt anything. I use alkaline from family dollar. Twenty four pack for 8 bucks. Get about twenty hours per four and I change them shortly after they show half strength.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 sets of 4 rechargeable batteries that I use in my AT Pro. It saves a lot of money and they work well and last quite a while when just using the headphones. I bought mine with a charger on EBay. I also don't see why standard batteries wouldn't work O.K.

pepperdawg

Dec 25, 2014
North-Central CT
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO; Garrett-Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here- have a 12 (or is it 18) pak of free-bees AA from harbor freight - I threw in the trunk....I guess as long as dont leave them in the pro for a period of time to avoid leaks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread