Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the old school and found the usual toy cars and clad. A couple wheats and this 1959 silver dime popped up which was nice, but I'm craving the older stuff.

I went back to my fav spot that is packed with trash to try my luck. I found one coin, this silver Vicky dime. Of course there was much trash in the hole with it. I upped my reactivity to 4 to change things up and it paid off. It's pretty worn but I'll take it. I think I can barely make out 18xx where the date should be.

I was just telling my wife today how I was bummed I haven't found a Barber or Vicky yet this year...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473811291.280708.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473811312.712895.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473811336.785201.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473811373.047898.jpg

Upvote 12

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wives have a way of having things happen I was telling mine I hadn't found a ring in a while then \Monday boom a ring and a bracelet . They couldn't have seeded it for me!!! lol Great job awesome finds My oldest coin is an 1886 Canadian quarter Thanks for sharing your finds!!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wives have a way of having things happen I was telling mine I hadn't found a ring in a while then \Monday boom a ring and a bracelet . They couldn't have seeded it for me!!! lol Great job awesome finds My oldest coin is an 1886 Canadian quarter Thanks for sharing your finds!!

Thanks A2. I'm impressed that you found a Vicky quarter, especially in the US. They are really hard to find! I've only ever found two in seven years, and I think this is my third ever Vicky dime. For me it seems much easier to find Barbers than Vickies...and I'm in Canada lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found mine by an old mill site where I found 2 bells brass there is still a foundation but that coin is the only coin I ever found in that site!!!!!Still in my display case!!!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet day!! You and I had similar days. A two day silver, old and new. Lol
Congrats!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done JC! Glad to see you score an "old shiny".

Best of luck to you sir.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well done JC! Glad to see you score an "old shiny".

Best of luck to you sir.

Thanks Tom! Although I like finding crisp old silvers with sharp details, I can appreciate when they show the wear from being passed through many hands. It sure is slick!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver !!! cool finds, Congrats and HH

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vickie, congrats! Still have to find one, gonna hit the old parks or old mill site soon cause my hunt for relics this year gave me only a toasted copper and few buttons. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice silver! You and A2 now have me thinking about giving my wife a wish list before my next hunt!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice silver! You and A2 now have me thinking about giving my wife a wish list before my next hunt!

In that case, tell her you wish for a jar of gold coins. It seems to be working!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver ever was a Vickie quarter with a super low mintage. Glad you found what you were looking for my friend

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I recently gave reactivity 4 a try in my little corner of the seated field. It's paid off and everyone should give it a try in the iron after using reactivity 2 and 3. I'll probably never find a Vickie silver. Haven't even found newer Canadian silver

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY BURY THAT COIN , THATS HILLYING CLINTON FACE ON IT .

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first silver ever was a Vickie quarter with a super low mintage. Glad you found what you were looking for my friend

Your first ever silver was a rare Vicky quarter?! I'm going to guess 1893? Was it in good shape? Man, no wonder you got hooked.

I've only ever found 8 or 9 Vicky silver coins in seven years. They are a tough find, especially out here on the prairies.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I recently gave reactivity 4 a try in my little corner of the seated field. It's paid off and everyone should give it a try in the iron after using reactivity 2 and 3. I'll probably never find a Vickie silver. Haven't even found newer Canadian silver

Never say never! I think your Seated field may hold a few more surprises for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread