UGH.....The white stuff

mishawakian

Feb 16, 2009
Mishawaka,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizum IV
I went out yesterday in the rain.

Before venturing out, I covered my machine and pinpointer probe.I covered my permit with clear packaging tape as to prevent damage to it.
I made a call to the South Bend Parks dept. to inquire about getting a permit to detect there.I was told by a woman named Brenda, that no permit was needed and to go detect away.
I placed grocery sacks over my feet,put on my boots and rain gear.Jumped in the truck and made a short ride to "my spot".
I had my first encounter with the police,she was new to this beat/area.Anyway we met,I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of each other.
I'm still learning the "tricks" of the trade.
A few questions on my end...
When should I replace the batteries on my unit.How many hours of use or will my unit just stop working or what?
Where or how do I obtain permission to hunt on property that is being demolished to make room for a highway?I think it is State owned now.
Where can I get a list of property owners of vacant land?Or even current property owners.
I have seen aerial views of the area I live in,I went to my local library and got information what a plat map looks like.I get flustered about having to ask questions about things I have no clue of.Like plat maps,Realtor lists and the such.
I woke this morning to see snow again.I came to realize that the ground hog must be colored blind or far sided to see his shadow.

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
You need a letter to hunt St Joe county parks, If you call county park admin office they can tell you who you need to talk to. City parks are open.

Battery replacement is up to you, just carry an extra set with you. I try to change mine out when they are down to the last bar or if i know i am going to be hunting for an extended amount of time.

State property like that might be easy to just ask someone on site or your local pd.

Greg
Elkhart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread