Unbelievable eyeball find!

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so I'm walking down the sidewalk in Albany, NY. I'm almost done working for the day and I'm looking down as I often do for anything somebody might have dropped that might be of value. This has been something I've always done (and I'm sure many of you do as well) and it has paid off a number of times usually its paper money. Something shiny and round catches my eye and forces me to take a step back. It's in the patch of grass between the sidewalk and the street. I bend over and reach down and I pull up this... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433451528.693316.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433451546.358884.jpg UNBELIEVABLE!!! Thanks for looking!!

Upvote 30
OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably grades Good, but it looks pretty natural, doesn't look cleaned.

Ok thanks, thats what I thought too. I'm just siked to own my first capped bust anything!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go figure! Some of my oldest coins have been fresh drops. Someone recently got a Morgan Dollar at a tot lot I recall.

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My theory: sidewalk was recently replaced. Soil was graded at the edge and thats what roughed this beauty up.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd take my detector back and really check that spot out.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet eye ball find, i do all my searching in Albany NY, and i must say i have found silver and coppers off the side walk after a rain storm, nice find brother...:occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice find. It sure beats my trime I found in a parking lot in OKC. That hasn't been cleaned unless it just had some water on it. The patina looks good.

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet eye ball find, i do all my searching in Albany NY, and i must say i have found silver and coppers off the side walk after a rain storm, nice find brother...:occasion14:
Sweet eyeball find. And being a Southern Boy it just makes me shake my head hearing about finding silver and coppers walking down the street. I love to eyeball washes after a good rain and while I did find a V nickel back in October its a rarity here. Marbles and clad with the occasionall expired EBT card is about the norm.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew there was a reason to go to Albany. Didn't know what it was till now.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a 1724 king George half penny laying on the surface along side a creek when I was a kid. Helped get me interested in history at a young age

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding a coveted coin. Very few bust dimes ever get posted here, either found with a metal detector or otherwise. Geez, I think I should start looking down more.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, I think I should start looking down more.

Looking down is significantly under-rated unless you are in New York City where it will get you mugged. I too always look down and around and have found a surprising amount of both coins and bills over the years.

I was out in the middle of TN on top of a high hill and found tons of of marine fossils eroding out of a parking lot hillside and ending up on the ground. Many of them were complete, fully 3-dimensional Brachiopods. I checked and they were roughly 450 million years old.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best eyeball finds I have seen on Tnet!

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet eyeball find. And being a Southern Boy it just makes me shake my head hearing about finding silver and coppers walking down the street. I love to eyeball washes after a good rain and while I did find a V nickel back in October its a rarity here. Marbles and clad with the occasionall expired EBT card is about the norm.

Believe me. Up north its no different. I just got LUCKY :)

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking down is significantly under-rated unless you are in New York City where it will get you mugged. I too always look down and around and have found a surprising amount of both coins and bills over the years.

I was out in the middle of TN on top of a high hill and found tons of of marine fossils eroding out of a parking lot hillside and ending up on the ground. Many of them were complete, fully 3-dimensional Brachiopods. I checked and they were roughly 450 million years old.

That is so cool.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm, i have to go to albany, twice, next at two hours each trip with nothing to do but wait for my step daughter. I was going to read but i have a new plan, now!:occasion14:

OP
OP
Goldenplug

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, i have to go to albany, twice, next at two hours each trip with nothing to do but wait for my step daughter. I was going to read but i have a new plan, now!:occasion14:

Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions