ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I was out this last week looking for a T&C platinum ring in 17' of water and 3' of muck, I was finding old cans in pretty nice shape and saved a couple. I thought I would share them. Going back out there Sunday to try one more time and maybe bring up a couple more. I might take a larger mesh bag down to fill.

I left an ice spud down there and two ice skimmers for ice fishing. I hate going up and down to put larger finds in my float. However sometimes I do come up to get my bearings.

I thought the Budweiser can was interesting because it sold for .15Β’. I don't drink beer so I have no idea when it was that cheap. Some of the cans had aluminum cancer and the Drewry's beer was one. I am sure there are better examples down there. I was actually getting good signals and digging down almost to my shoulder to get those targets. I didn't want to hit the same ones twice.

Upvote 21

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to change it up, Scuba! You'll know you got an oldie when you uncover an old "cone top" can...back in the 70's, beer can collecting was the big thing and the cone top can was the holy grail...to find one in decent shape was rare, as we used to scour old farm dumps...where they simply backed up to a valley and dumped their trash. Thx for going the extra mile Scuba and attacking the mud n crud for us folks...ddf

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice way to change it up, Scuba! You'll know you got an oldie when you uncover an old "cone top" can...back in the 70's, beer can collecting was the big thing and the cone top can was the holy grail...to find one in decent shape was rare, as we used to scour old farm dumps...where they simply backed up to a valley and dumped their trash. Thx for going the extra mile Scuba and attacking the mud n crud for us folks...ddf

DDF...good thing I wasn't of beer drinkin' age back then. See, I used to drink beer while I worked on my $75, 64 Pontiac Catalina 4 door. (I know, I learned drinkin' beer and working on a 25' long hunk of good old American steel and chrome wasn't the best idea I ever had!) Anyway, before I learned that lesson I may have accidentally grabbed the brake fluid for a swig and dumped beer in the master cylinder!

Nice saves Scuba! Now go find one of them beer cans and show us what they look like.

Grease

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how overnight Budweiser became a number one choice of beer. The Schaeffer Brewing Company moved from Brooklyn to Maryland. The difference in the water quality changed the taste of the beer.
The cost of a 6 pack in 1968 was $1.25 That's about 21 cents a can.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the top of the Bud can says, "Please Don't Litter"! Bet that worked out pretty well.....

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember those cone top beer cans. They looked like the old "HEET" cans that we used to pour into our car's gas tank to stop the fuel from freezing in those nice -25F Minnesota days. I once found a German cone top beer can in the basement of an old house. The owner said I could have it for helping clean out his house. I had a friend that collected them and gave it to him. He looked it up in his beer can books and it was worth $35!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I find those cone top cans a lot. Unfortunately even though they are in good condition they are rusted to where there is absolutely no writing on them anymore.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny how overnight Budweiser became a number one choice of beer. The Schaeffer Brewing Company moved from Brooklyn to Maryland. The difference in the water quality changed the taste of the beer.
The cost of a 6 pack in 1968 was $1.25 That's about 21 cents a can.

Man, how I miss those days! Thanks for the flashback.
HH
dts

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some pretty cool stuff down there. I would have a blast just pulling up junk. I still after all this time am envious of your finds and places to play.....

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on those beer cans Scuba. I can remember those from my collection in my younger days.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Budweiser.... Yuck. I wouldn't give 15 cents for one now

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Tradertom

Jul 20, 2016
South Central Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP DEUS, AT PRO plus several older detector going back 45 years.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need finds. Sure in good shape. Back then Budweiser always guaranteed me a headache

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drewrys was made here in south bend. The can looks better then the building!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know where all the cans went cause Ive found all the pull tabs people must have been ocd about ripping off the pull tabs on their beers.. I'm sure Platnum will be in your future STAY SAFE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread