Unreal Day of Coins

mtnbay

Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the hills of Northern California. Today me and a buddy hit an early Gold Rush site. My oldest coin to date was an 1848 large cent. Prior to today I had never found any 1800's silver. Little did I know today that I was going to hit the trifecta. The first silver coin of the day was an 1835 capped bust dime. A few minutes later out popped the 1841 seated dime. A few minutes after that was the Chinese coin. As we were about to leave I hit one last area on a hunch and found the 1822 Mexican reale. We do not get too many old old coins like you folks back east. I was squealing like a little girl and had goosebumps I was geeking out so much. To find three pre-Gold Rush coins in one hunt here in Northern California just does not happen very often at all. I will not forget this hunt any time soon. Cannot wait to hit it again.

coins2.jpg coins1.jpg

Upvote 62
OP
OP
M

mtnbay

Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all very much for the kind words. It was an incredible day and just blew my mind. It is a site with a lot of mixed signals in the ground and that 1822 reale was found just a few minutes before we left in an area I hit quick on a hunch. I hope to get back out there and post some more killer finds soon. I wish you all well out there and that every shovelful is gleaming with gold and silver for you.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

jerr-man

Jun 28, 2014
S E Kansas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / XP DEUS / TRX PINPOINTER, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an Awesome hunt and Great Finds. Congratulations.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are amazing finds I would love to hunt an old gold rush site. Get lucky and find an old geezers hidden poke on top of all the great coins. Thanks for the great post!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread