Unreal spear or blade in ROCK!!

jackiemaclin

Jul 21, 2015
On the River
Detector(s) used
3rd eye
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello People, I have one of the most unusual finds in my 40+ years of findings. Most of all my findings are in North Arkansas & S. Missouri. I will soon post some of the findings later. Yet now as my first posting, check out this rock with a spear or blade in it. Kind of reminds me of King Author and those days when the Sword was found in the stone! I welcome any opinions & comments. jackiemac 20150707_125601.jpg

Upvote 12

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't a clue, but its cool as you know what. Congrats

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kinda difficult to make out any flaking on the piece in the somewhat fuzzy picture, but the edge does look sharp and blade-like. More pictures would be greatly appreciated!

That area is well known for its karst landscape and many caves and springs, so if it is a NA artifact it could have been lodged under a limestone ledge and then rather quickly gotten covered in fresh limestone from the mineral-rich water dripping or flowing on it. I've found sticks and other organic material covered in limestone or cemented in "waterfall stalactites" (not sure what to call them) that probably accumulated in a few years or less.

Cool find!

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could the spear be imbedded in petrified wood?

sproatz

Oct 2, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3i with multiple coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I thought. Petrified wood? Or is the rock a fake made out of foam like a taxidermist does? No disrespect I'm just guessing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could the spear be imbedded in petrified wood?

When I lived in Ky, a mechanic in my hometown had a long display case filled with Indian ( yes, I said Indian. Enough of the politically correct BS! ) artifacts he had collected from a cave on his property. One of his was a point embedded in rock. Our thoughts were the same, that it wasn't rock when it was first stuck in there.
Pretty neat find.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting! When zooming in, the piece does look to have been worked. The somewhat separated pieces which are somewhat different colored from the main rock below where the point of the possible spear point is lodged as well as the different coloration of the rock around the entry point if in fact it is a spear point, leads me to also believe that it may be in a fossil of a bone versus a rock. If it was thrown into an animal or large size, there would definitely be damage and blood intrusion into the bone which could explain the different coloration and possible fracturing around where the possible spear point entered and penetrated the opposite side in trying to exit.

Frank

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be really cool to know if that's wood, bone or stone....either way it is one of the most incredible NA finds I have ever seen...however, I'm still looking for my first arrowhead!

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its cool for sure ..But i would like a better pic also...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WELCOME TO TNET NEW MEMBER , AND THE INTERESTING FIND THATS DISPLAYED.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, welcome to Treasure Net! I really like your entry for Metal Detectors in your' arsenal! If I had a third eye, I would want it in the back of my' head so that I could see all of the things I missed when walking away.:laughing7:

Frank

Last edited:

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Spear point was lost in clay/mud that turned to a stone 10k yrs later.
Awesome.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad picture but looks kind of natural to me.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange...
I think this piece is a man made point.
I am no expert in this... But have seem tons of points over my years from guys I know who are "into" these sorts of things.
And have found many over the years myself.

Picture this...
Hunting in the period of this point...
Thrown at animal and missed...
Lodges in "crack/hole" (hmmm sounds ummm.... heh)
And is stuck.
Even today. :P

First look at this screams manmade point to me... but perhaps I am wrong.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a spike. your location is listed as 'on the river', so this leads me to think this was some sort of anchoring device driven in sand stone for a structure of some sort

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread