Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that it cost 8 cents to make a nickle-----------------------we don't need either IMO.
Marvin

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Seems that most are lost on So. Ca beaches anyway. I find a LOT of them

Cooperscoppers

Jul 1, 2018
Canaan ct
Detector(s) used
Garret at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I find a lot in na ct some places it like they fed the birds with penny's what can you get for a penny nowadays

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides changing the designs every 2 seconds, you can bet that's a big drain swirler.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The mint doesnt lose any money because they don't have money to spend. All loses in a nation are absorbed by the tax payers. I really don't see why people don't get this.
The govt doesn't have money to spend that it doesn't steal from you first.
Only a private mint would be able to lose money in reality.

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its like saying the post office loses money every year when in fact they don't lose anything. They've been in perpetual bail out since they began and it's paid for by the sheeple.
Most of my packages travel across the state a few times for free before they reach me and they wonder why they can't compete with FedEx or UPS. No private owned company can make bad choices year after year and expect a full blown bail out.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its like saying the post office loses money every year when in fact they don't lose anything. They've been in perpetual bail out since they began and it's paid for by the sheeple.
Most of my packages travel across the state a few times for free before they reach me and they wonder why they can't compete with FedEx or UPS. No private owned company can make bad choices year after year and expect a full blown bail out.

Johnny I like your style. And the sheep wanna make high speed railways from every city to city in America. Sure print the money it’s a sure thing we have the Amtrak blueprint.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1980, 15 years after the silver coin removal from circulation, the dime had as much buying power as $1 did in 2017, due to inflation. They keep pennies in circulation to give the impression that nothing has changed with our money, and they have to use copper plated zinc coins to keep up the charade. The dollar bill has become a 10c note, and they should be "minting" cents from cardboard. From a common sense perspective they should ditch the pennies, nickels, and paper $1 bills, then base prices on the dime, which is essentially a penny now, and mint $1 & $2 coins to replace the expensive to print and short lived low value $1 paper bills. The biggest reason that we still use paper $1 bills is due to special interest lobbying on Capitol Hill by the paper, ink, and printing industries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread