Used Lobo Super Tracs for sale, what would you pay?

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Biggest advantage in the Lobo is if you are into prospecting for gold nuggets. Otherwise it's a pretty useful general detector, but nugget shooting is its strong suit.
luvdux

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nugget shooter period, meant to be used in All Metal. Loses real depth in Discriminate mode as it goes into a factory pre-set ground balance. Excellent used condition with coil covers $350.00 :skullflag:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What would you pay for a used Lobo Super Trac, how much are they going for on average..350? I Currently have a Black Vaquero 11x8 and 5.75 concentric, would it be of benefit of looking into this detector, or focus on a Outlaw 8" donut or Compadre 8" as my second detector? :BangHead:

Outlaw and Compadre are both great detectors, as is the Vaquero you already own.
You also have two of the best coils for your Vaquero. Why not just add an 8" donut to it? I like the donut better than the 9x8. I haven't gotten 'round to weighing both, but the 8" donut sure feels lighter to me, than the 9x8 concentric..

If you have to get another Tesoro (and I see no problem there, but my wife sure does...), a Compadre should complement your Vaquero nicely.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outlaw and Compadre are both great detectors, as is the Vaquero you already own.
You also have two of the best coils for your Vaquero. Why not just add an 8" donut to it? I like the donut better than the 9x8. I haven't gotten 'round to weighing both, but the 8" donut sure feels lighter to me, than the 9x8 concentric..

If you have to get another Tesoro (and I see no problem there, but my wife sure does...), a Compadre should complement your Vaquero nicely.

Who wouldn't like a second detector.. and funny you mentioned I am fighting with my wife as we speak on other things where my money can go too. I just want people positioning on either a Compadre or Outlaw other then my V, but if I can get an Outlaw for less then 350.00, knowing what others have said the Outlaw is pretty much a Compadre on steriods...then I am not to far off the price difference to what I am getting, less a new lifetime warranty if I went a new Compadre. Heck I could get a used Compadre as well..

You maybe correct I should spend lots of time on my Vaquero that I just got before making this decision as it can hit pretty hard on silver and think I have a HOT machine here anyways in the way it performs, why not just leave it as that. I can wait to see what Tesoro brings out next as I have debated on a used Tejon for a good price as well here but it is not to far off from a Vaquero anyways..if the 'Cazator' comes out maybe by then I would have felt better not spending 350 on the Outlaw and weigh my decisions on a used Tejon to what features the 'Cazator' can compare to the others.

Thanks Pinenut.

PS

I was so close in purchasing an Outlaw stock 8" coil on eBay tonight for $255.00 US, bid jumped last minutes from $203 to 255, therefore changed my mind, by that time I look at exchange, duty, shipping Im at near $400.00 so passed this up, glad I did. I had done some research on eBay on the history of Tosoro that have sold from Sept 2016 up until now and took some comparison notes on interesting used sold numbers, this will help me plan for the future.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread