v3i - silver or clad?

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see a silver quarters vdi is 84-85, clad 82-83...

but due to the vdi's jumping somewhat it's very difficult to tell if it's silver.

Is there any way to help determine? I don't see any huge differences in polar plots. I'm using coin/jewelry setting.

I've got to be overlooking something, but maybe not because it's hard to tell on my other machine as well.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The difference between silver and clad VDI's are typically small, especially in certain soil conditions and depths. It will ring up a bit higher usually but you are doing nothing wrong and nothing is wrong with your detector! Have fun!

msviking

Feb 13, 2013
Flowood, Mississippi & Orange Beach, AL
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Minelab CTX3030
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Other
In the real world you can not really tell the difference on a consistent basis. Maybe in air tests, but when you throw in depth, soil conditions etc... if you are getting a consistent signal in the "coin"range of VDIs from all directions and the 2.5 freq. is strongest, dig it.

HH
Robert

hopefulgold

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dig it rewards are great

I see a silver quarters vdi is 84-85, clad 82-83...

but due to the vdi's jumping somewhat it's very difficult to tell if it's silver.

Is there any way to help determine? I don't see any huge differences in polar plots. I'm using coin/jewelry setting.

I've got to be overlooking something, but maybe not because it's hard to tell on my other machine as well.

I own a Whites V3I & just got a new SEF 15x12 coil & I am digging targets at 12" to 13" down. I have learned that no matter what the vdi says if the signal is strong & consistent then dig it. I am finding silver & wheat penny's at this depth so I am not surprised when I dig at that depth the outcome of the rewards. Remember if you are not sure just dig it. Enjoy your finds

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a Whites V3I & just got a new SEF 15x12 coil & I am digging targets at 12" to 13" down. I have learned that no matter what the vdi says if the signal is strong & consistent then dig it. I am finding silver & wheat penny's at this depth so I am not surprised when I dig at that depth the outcome of the rewards. Remember if you are not sure just dig it. Enjoy your finds

How do you like the giant SEF over the DD on depth, weight,etc? Does it throw all the VDI's off? What coil do you pick from the menu? Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread