Value of extremely poor buffalo nickels?

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think 20 cents , to 25 cents would be fair - because in those conditions you could still make buttons out of them , or you could give them to little kids that
are just starting their coin collections . Argentium.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin shops by my house sell dateless buffalo nicks for 10 cents each.

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $5 for the lot. I didnt have much time to think. I really don't collect buffalos but I like the way they look so I bought them. There is a nice 1929 and two nice 1937 nickels so I believe we both did alright. Thanks for the help.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, you can buy Nic-a-date to get the dates on the dateless ones.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually can sell dateless buffalos on eBay under the jewelry section for a $1.25 free shipping. After postage and e3bay fees probably get 50 cents

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I usually can sell dateless buffalos on eBay under the jewelry section for a $1.25 free shipping. After postage and e3bay fees probably get 50 cents

I was going to recommend a different market segment instead of coin collectors. To a coin collector, a common dateless is 10 cents; partial date is 25 cents. Selling to another market segment will yield a higher return. I've networked with some of the small craft fair/farmer market artisans who make jewelry and the like, and sell them directly when I accumulate enough. I sell dateless/partial dates for about a $1/each (depending on the condition). They in turn use them to create buttons, bracelets, earrings, money clips, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread