Prospecting
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just GOOGLE Trinity county-highway 299 landslide and you'll see the mother of them all. Millions of cubic yards year after year ,dozens of massive tractors/loaders and been months and months ,year after year still ongoing as only coast route in the north. Bummer seeing good old 49 sliding away as been there many a time but ancient road for sure. A set of storms are coming today as the river from above continues unabated. John

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy! Last year I did my 1st trip to the Motherlode area. Traveled the 49 from Nevada City all the way south. Sightseeing trip for the most part. Been wanting to do for years and was fearing 1 nasty fire would destroy it's beauty. Planning multiple trips back this year for prospecting. Ironically the fear shifts to water this go around!

Crazy weather this year so far!

OP
OP
L

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wonder what I did wrong that the utube vid didn't embed?

anyhow, the section of 49 you saw was worked on this summer, long lines of traffic while they let you through with a pilot car.
this included working on drainage for the highway, guess that didn't work...back to the drawing board, Caltrans!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread