Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! I've also found two VA buttons in a Union camp and found a NY button in a Confederat camp. It's hard to say why they were there. Perhaps they were prisoners, just passing through after the others left or the soilder just needed a button and got them at the battle feild. I've seen uniforms in books and museums with mix match buttons. I think it was common practice for both sides. Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing.

HH, RN

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the killer relic hunt! :occasion14:

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When it comes to Union buttons in a confederate camp, take a look at when the button was possibly made. A percentage of them are prewar and were likely worn by confederates since the supply lines for the rebs were tight. Just sayin.

OP
OP
Digger70pa

Digger70pa

Dec 29, 2012
The Cumberland Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds! I've also found two VA buttons in a Union camp and found a NY button in a Confederat camp. It's hard to say why they were there. Perhaps they were prisoners, just passing through after the others left or the soilder just needed a button and got them at the battle feild. I've seen uniforms in books and museums with mix match buttons. I think it was common practice for both sides. Looks like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing.

HH, RN

I've found New York staff officers buttons in Confederate camps also buddy. Different locations. Bunches of general service buttons in reb camps also. It definitely makes you wonder. HH Tim

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds as usual.
Your VA Button "look's" to be made of 2 Pieces. FWIW

Still hunting my 1st State Button (other than NY).

From what I have found, I find Way More GS Buttons in Confederate Areas, than Confederate types in these (later War Parts).
Keep em Coming Buddy.
Davers:icon_thumleft:

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the VA button. It was a common practice during the war to trade button between sides.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread