Virginia!!!!!!!!!!

U

upatree

Michaelchaoes you got a PM from me about getting together Please email me if you would like that. [email protected]

michaelchaos said:
forgot about this post for a while didn't expect this many people to right back...
I wasn't saying that any spots were over hunted,

i was just saying that its hard to find a decent spot around here
and yea you can spend all day on the beach it just isn't as promising as i like..

most old lots sites...etc. are right next to busy highways neighborhoods with people that like to harrass me

anyhoot... so if anybody wants to get together and do some group hunts let me know
i have scoped out a few lots that look pretty old im sure id need to find permission...keep me posted and lets get together...
mike

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TheSleeper said:
privateer, is it the one on 17 or the one u see from 664 right on college dr, outside of churchland?

OHH and heard today Buckroe beach has a no detecting sign on it now, supposedly by the army corps of idiots. I ll get over there sometime to verifly this.

Yea, Buckroe Beach is forever now, no detecting.

Here's a newspaper article I found: http://www.realtycom.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=83

I'm game to get together with anyone in the VB area to detect. Trying to get ahold of the Civic League to see if they will let me detect a small parcel of land they have. From what I hear from a business next door, they have been complaining about folks parking along their property, so I am not sure how they will feel about me detecting that land. But I am going to ask anyways!!!!!! I'm tired of what-if's...if I don't ask, I won't know..will I?

Went to the Va Beach courthouse last Thursday and the lady in the Plat Office was of NO HELP!!! I had called there some time ago asking how I could get info on someone owning a piece of property. I explained it was an empty lot. They said to come down and give them the street name or streets that crossed (in my case, it was on a corner)..so I printed out a google image of that area and went down. She said, "I need to know the name of the land owner or a physical address"...I said, "That is why I am here, to find out who the owner is so I may ask for permission!"...that was a wasted day!!!!!! UGH.

I am hitting the library tomorrow (VBCL, I live not even 5 mins from it)...was told they have alot of old maps and they are nicer!! LOL

But, I plan to hit alot this summer in VB and hopefully venture out some. I may have to tell my boss that I can only work Mon-Fri's during the summer, so I have the weekends with hubby and my boys!!! I don't need the job, it's just for extra spending cash....then when Winter sets in...they can put me back to availability 7 days a week! Besides, that is why there are high school kids..so they can work the summers, like I did!! LOL (I'm so mean!)

HH all,
Annmarie

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is from the article AnnMarie posted:
They say they are confident that no ammunition remains at the beach, but they've also temporarily banned the use of metal detectors, forbidden any digging at the beach and posted warning signs.

No further clean-up action is planned at the beach until February, when the Corps of Engineers will spend about $150,000 conducting a thorough sweep.

The search, which will take six to eight weeks, will be done with sophisticated metal-detecting equipment, according to the corps.

Hopefully they will get it cleaned and then reopen it i did real good there years ago.

sophisticated metal-detecting equipment, humm i would like to see just what they are using..Mine Sweepers ?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
TheSleeper said:
sophisticated metal-detecting equipment, humm i would like to see just what they are using..Mine Sweepers ?

LOL...I was thinking the same thing. (about the "sophisticated metal-detecting equipment"). My ACE 250 only had a Master's, but am working on a Ph.D now LOL)

That is one place hubby and I wanted to detect, but was told about it being banned for MD'ing from someone who lived on that side of the water.

See ya'll around the Hampton Roads area!

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Ron and Ann said:
TheSleeper said:

LOL...I was thinking the same thing. (about the "sophisticated metal-detecting equipment"). My ACE 250 only had a Master's, but am working on a Ph.D now LOL)

That is one place hubby and I wanted to detect, but was told about it being banned for MD'ing from someone who lived on that side of the water.

See ya'll around the Hampton Roads area!

Probably the AN/PSS-12 or the recently introduced AN/PSS-14, which I believe is the current metal detector of choice for the US Army. Supposedly they also have an upgrade for a Drop In Ground penetration radar System (DIGS).
Yes, they are used to clear minefields, but are also used to find weapon caches and can supposedly find as small an object as a firing pin.

Here is a website with great info on the PSS-14 and a neato 3-D revolving image of the detector: http://www.cyterra.com/countermine/an-pss-14.html
After reading through a few spec pages, it appears the PSS-14 has the GPR actually built into the unit.... I think that qualifies as pretty sophisticated. Hell, I'd like the have one, thats for sure!

Attachments

• anpss14_minedetector_01_375.jpg
    anpss14_minedetector_01_375.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 482

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread