Waders & Gloves - Need Advice

JeffA

Jun 13, 2019
RI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just started prospecting earlier this Summer, and plan to continue here in New England until the ground is rock hard frozen! With that being said, I'm at the point where I need to purchase some insulated waders, and gloves to continue working in the creeks which are getting chilly. I'm looking for any advice from cold weather prospectors on good brands/products for waders and gloves to do so. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all of the great advice! I'd like to hear more about what you're all doing for gloves. My hands are constantly in the water to classify. Jeff

Diver's gloves are good IF you can get them on. Harbor Freight shoulder length gloves with cotton inserts work too. Nothing worse than working in 34* water, then can't get your zipper down in a hurry....

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everyone for all of the great advice! I'd like to hear more about what you're all doing for gloves. My hands are constantly in the water to classify. Jeff
If you are not working in 34" water Home depot has rubber coated gloves and are cheap and about a foot long. They will last but will get moldy on the inside so I will wash them out periodically and dry them out. Nothing worse than wearing smelly slimy gloves.

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread