Waste of time and lesson learned.

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to a bank to start a free checking account. All goes smoothly and she says I can order coin. Then she talks to the head teller after we're all set up. Head teller tells me she can't order halves because she's never done so in the past and she doesn't have room in the vault. GRRR!! Will be closing the account Thursday and trying another bank down the road. Lesson is: KNOW if you can get halves BEFORE spending an hour setting up the account.

Upvote 0

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
That frustrating. I'm dealing with a similar situation. Head teller was very nice to my trying to get me to open an account. Told me that she would order weekly halves I opened an account and placed an order. That was 3 weeks ago. Every week since she's been giving me excuses. She keeps telling me that the company keeps forgetting to send the halves. Bull. I went in last week and the head teller wasn't there. The senior teller told me that no one made an order for halves. She apologized and told me that they would order one for next week. I'll be closing my account if they give me another excuse this week.

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One bank said they couldn't and then said they will look into it

CRHQueen

Jun 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened an account in February, ordered 2 boxes of halves per week for 4 weeks with no problems. In mid March I go in to pick up my order and ask to order again... I stopped in that bank every week from March until June asking where my halves were. (This bank is in my local grocery store so I would stop by each weekly shopping trip while still getting halves from my main bank and others) Each week they had excuses - forgot to order, didn't come in, locked in someone's drawer and they are on vacation, teller quit, shipment facility was shut down :o all kinds of garbage. Finally in the middle of June I stopped in and they had my halves, picked them up and ordered 2 more boxes! Only took 3 months but let me tell you, the CRH gods were on my side that day, I was treated VERY VERY well by the amount of silver in my boxes. When I went down the next week to ask for my halves they said they didn't have them yet - and so it begins again!

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on the fees, but keep it open! You may be able to dump some rolled coins there. Maybe you will want to order boxes of quarters, dimes & nickels to open in between orders of halves somewhere else. Also, you can buy CRW's and go in to any branch with the confidence you are a customer and ask for loose halves, etc. As long as the account is free or very small fee, it might still pay off!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into a a bank on a cold stop and found 80 in halfs the lady told me it was an odd request when i wanted all she had ..only 80 worth so she then tells me she can get me a box but i told her no maybe i would order another time not knowing there was 6 40%ers in the 80 bucks in halfs....so i called back the next day and i got a dif teller that told me she cant order boxes and the federal reserve charges them for ordering boxes and they would lose money....im going to make her life miserable with mega dumps in the future...i wouldnt close the account i would just keep dumping them on her face and smile each time you do

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not total loss. Keep your account and add it to your dump bank list.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That frustrating. I'm dealing with a similar situation. Head teller was very nice to my trying to get me to open an account. Told me that she would order weekly halves I opened an account and placed an order. That was 3 weeks ago. Every week since she's been giving me excuses. She keeps telling me that the company keeps forgetting to send the halves. Bull. I went in last week and the head teller wasn't there. The senior teller told me that no one made an order for halves. She apologized and told me that they would order one for next week. I'll be closing my account if they give me another excuse this week.
Same happened to me haven't closed the acct. It has been 4 months ago but i am going to try again later.
good luck.
coop

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
I went into a bank and ask for half dollars and CWR dimes and THEY offered to order me a box. When the box came in they called me and I went to pick it up. The box (Brinks) a strip of white tape on it which it normally doesn't have. I took it home and open it up... They open the box searched all the rolls and repackaged them!! Turns out the put one too many half dollar back, so I technically profited 50 cents for my trouble. Still what a bunch of jerks!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, i think you can always use a bank for multiple reasons... picking up/ordering coins is one reason, dumping is another, plus, if there are multiple branches of tha specific bank in your area, try other ones.

i recently picked up a bank with a coin machine in hope to buy coins off the coin machine. That did not work.
The tellers offered me coin boxes, i have not yet picked them up on the ordering
right now, i am dumping once a week on them some pennies, I can pick them up as a pickup bank any time I want I guess...

you never know...
hh
buff

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Had the same issue. Refused to sell me boxes because I was a collector. Got a new dump bank. It was fun walking in with a tub deliberately filled with indivdual screw mason jars filled with pennies (:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you gotta be nice to the banks, if you want to be a pimpin' CRH you gotta know how to get banks to order you coins that initially won't

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions