May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had such good luck selling watches that I'm kind of making this my specialty although I have a tendency to keep some. I hit a yard sale today and the woman said she was liquidating her husbands stuff. He had passed away a year before and he was a big collector. Die cast cars, knives etc. She was a nice lady and I asked her if she had any watches. She said come on in I've got a couple pocket watches if you're interested. I looked At them for her and gave her an honest appraisal approximately $200 for the pair. She said make me an offer. I told he I only had $70 in the wallet and she said yes. Both are working excellent. The gold filled one is from 1924 and the other is silveroid and is from 1884. I then hit another yard sale and got a nice ladies Nixon watch for three dollars and a bag of jewelry that included two Sterling necklaces and an Eddie Bauer convertible bezel watch for $2 dollars. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462677404.747949.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462677424.738721.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462677443.974633.jpg

Last edited:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Refreshing to know there are honest traders out there. Good on you!
Love those pocket watches.

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can give you a good valuation on those pocket watches if you post more pictures of inside the case markings, the movement, the dial with no crystal and one of the outside back of the case!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful!!! Buying watches becomes a serious illness! :laughing7: Which there is no cure! The only way to cope is to buy more watches!:laughing7:

Great finds!!

Post some pics of the movements! I'm dying to know what's inside!

There is a lot of watch postings or threads lately! That's good! I hope the interest is coming back! It's a cool hobby! But seems to kind of died off in recent years. When I first joined the club, I was the youngest one there by about 40 to 50 or more years! Where I lived we went from big shows with hundreds of people down to, last I heard, less than 20 attending the local meet/show there. Glad to see there is interest!

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nitric is right about buying watches being addictive! Most of the Estate Auctions I attend, I go to them because there are watches, jewelry and/or guns. I picked up a nice Elgin Pocket Watch and an Elgin movement. The Pocket Watch is a 16S Railroad made circa 1910 with a "B.W. Raymond" 370 grade movement, Gold Filled "20 Year" Case and a Montgomery Dial. The movement is a Elgin National made circa 1892 with a 101 grade movement. I also bid on and won several vintage men's and women's wrist watches, a gang of Quartz Watches in need of batteries and a gang of watch bands all at the same auction. I won't even go into all the other wrist watches I have bid on and won at the last 4 or 5 auctions I have attended.

Nice score JimDon! You should do well on reselling the pocket watches and wrist watches.

Frank

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can give you a good valuation on those pocket watches if you post more pictures of inside the case markings, the movement, the dial with no crystal and one of the outside back of the case!

Here you go. Thank you!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720305.801362.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720323.787650.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720465.290503.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720337.160170.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720361.874520.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720372.244391.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720382.683023.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462720428.223665.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful!!! Buying watches becomes a serious illness! :laughing7: Which there is no cure! The only way to cope is to buy more watches!:laughing7:

Great finds!!

Post some pics of the movements! I'm dying to know what's inside!

There is a lot of watch postings or threads lately! That's good! I hope the interest is coming back! It's a cool hobby! But seems to kind of died off in recent years. When I first joined the club, I was the youngest one there by about 40 to 50 or more years! Where I lived we went from big shows with hundreds of people down to, last I heard, less than 20 attending the local meet/show there. Glad to see there is interest!

Too late! I am on 19 watches after the Omega Seamaster I bought last week.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too late! I am on 19 watches after the Omega Seamaster I bought last week.

You guys might cringe at what I did to my seamaster..:laughing7: At one time I wanted to learn how to skeletonize the movements, Well, I started on a Seamaster and never finished it! Lost interest after hour and hours of work. Maybe one day I'll finish it! But for now? It's all apart and cut up! :laughing7:

Those are great looking watches you found! The old picture just adds to there history and character!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kind of like baseball cards in the 80s. Big card shows. Baseball players signing cards etc. Now you cant give them away.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a gang of Quartz Watches in need of batteries and a gang of watch bands all at the same auction.

Frank

I always wondered what a lot of watches were called. Now I know.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys might cringe at what I did to my seamaster..:laughing7: At one time I wanted to learn how to skeletonize the movements, Well, I started on a Seamaster and never finished it! Lost interest after hour and hours of work. Maybe one day I'll finish it! But for now? It's all apart and cut up! :laughing7:

Those are great looking watches you found! The old picture just adds to there history and character!

SHAME ON YOU!!!!

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the Omega I picked up off of eBay last week. Sweet deal at $235. This is after me cleaning it and putting the new band on it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462743005.394938.jpg

Here are the other two watches. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462743037.390698.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462743055.217251.jpg

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so for the gold Elgin in working condition a minimum of $100-125
For the silver one around $45-61 because the dial is cracked it makes a big difference. The picture may add some value but I'm not entirely sure! This one actually dates to exactly 1893 based off the movement number.
Good deal for $70! I would've bought them! I still can't believe I got a Seamaster for 10 bucks and a case for it. Do you have pictures of your seamaster movement? Also it'd look a lot better if you replaced the crystal or polished the existing one. I'm digging the band you have on it, I'm looking for one of the original rice band Omega used back then, look it up and tell me what you think!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so for the gold Elgin in working condition a minimum of $100-125
For the silver one around $45-61 because the dial is cracked it makes a big difference. The picture may add some value but I'm not entirely sure! This one actually dates to exactly 1893 based off the movement number.
Good deal for $70! I would've bought them! I still can't believe I got a Seamaster for 10 bucks and a case for it. Do you have pictures of your seamaster movement? Also it'd look a lot better if you replaced the crystal or polished the existing one. I'm digging the band you have on it, I'm looking for one of the original rice band Omega used back then, look it up and tell me what you think!
Thank you for the info. I think I'm going to sell as I just bought a Tavannes. Holy cow! $10 for a Seamaster? Where? Here are the photos of the movement on my watch. I am going to get it serviced after I get my Vulcain Cricket back from my guy. I'll check out the band. Sounds interesting.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462795919.938933.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462795938.278989.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread