Watching Hockey and Roll Hunting

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
As some may have deduced, I am a big Virginia Tech football fan. I got into roll hunting pennies because the games were stressing me out and doing something else while watching helps me stay a little calmer. While the Hokies are my team, my favorite sport will always be hockey.

Tonight I was watching NJ take on NY and realized that the only coins I have in the house were the box of halves I bought last week. When I opened the box, at the time, I realized they were all rewrapped rolls. )-: I went through 1/2 of them to make sure people weren't missing things I might want (NIFC's, Commems, 65-70's) but didn't find anything.

Today I figured I'd go through the other half just in case. I did find something, but probably only interesting to me. I found my 5th S mint coin. It was a 1989S. The only problem is it looked like it was given a quick scrub with 40 grit sandpaper. Anyway, it will fill a slot when I get around to ordering a book. Sorry it didn't end with more excitement for anyone that read this far, but it is a valid placeholder for now. Glad i didn't quit, but still wish is was pre 65 (-:

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am putting a complete set of JFks together too and save the proofs also. I found my first 90% silver JFK proof the other day... They are swell.
I don't usually date search anymore cuz I do too much volume, but u can usually still pick out the proofs by the edge.
I love halves cuz there are so many cool coins that make their way into boxes!
By the way, I graduated from Boise State for my undergrad - huge Bronco fan. That game against V Tech was awesome! Sorry to rub it in.

HH
BB

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like drinking beer while roll hunting

I once watched a guy go through a box of halves on youtube drinking jose cuervo "silver" tequila getting drunk while pulling out silver coins. I thought it was pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miami hurricanes and coin roll hunting...well MIAMI HEAT now !!

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to Coin Roll Hunt when I'm CRHting. But watching hockey can be fun. For me its distracting, cause I have to count every penny roll to avoid shortages.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions