• Waynoka OK Near BNSF tracks.jpg
    Waynoka OK Near BNSF tracks.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 473

dennisdunigan

Apr 8, 2007
Canon City, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Brother works for BNSF, I'll see if he has seen it. He maintains the signals for the RR. I am going to see him in may. I'll let you know.
He lives by Norman.

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is strange... I was talking to a lady at work today about metal detecting and she happened to mention that her aunt lived in Waynoka, I said that was a coincidence and told her I had a picture (the one above) to show her. I emailed it to her, she appeared in my office no later than 2 minutes after receiving the picture. She said I took one look and couldn't believe it, I am 90% certain that is my Aunties old place that I remember as a kid, can you believe that.
She is finding out if I can go detect there :)

waynokan

Nov 5, 2006
Regarding the house in Waynoka, I grew up in Waynoka, know exactly who lived in the house and where it is located. Might be a interesting place to detect, but I would certainly check in with the Police dept since there are a lot of vacant houses & local residents pay attention & know who belongs & who don't!!!!!!!!!!!

Waynokan

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Has anything become of this property?
Baggins

waynokan

Nov 5, 2006
This house is one of several that is abondoned in Waynoka. Unfortunately, when the Sante Fe railroad moved its maintentance program from Waynoka to Amarillo in 1961 the town began to decline from a population of around 3000 to about 900 today, with no hope of ever recovering. Another sad chapter in the saga of small town America.

Waynokan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread