BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all.

I started the weekend Saturday morning at a co-workers house. It was built in the late 40’s on several acres. I had hopes of at least a silver or 2, but it was a bust. I left there and stopped at an older school. Found a little clad but nothing interesting.

On the way home I decided to stop at the church where I recently found a silver Rosie and a silver ring. It’s not an old church with the current structure having been built in the early 60’s. The grassy areas are on a pretty severe slope, so the digging isn’t easy. But hey, at least I am getting some good exercise.

I got a good signal with a little bit of depth to it so I was hoping for a silver dime. I was surprised to see a silver quarter in the hole. (53 Washington) I gave it a little love tap, but I didn’t let that bother me.

A little while later I got another decent signal and a 64 Washington popped out. This one escaped any damage from my digger. :laughing7: Last year I only found 3 silver quarters, so to find 2 in one day is pretty good for me.

At this point I’m getting pretty tired so I tell myself one more good signal and I’ll call it a day. Finally got one and an odd sized “coin” appeared. There is no discernible detail on the back and I don’t see any indication there was ever a shank. I don’t know whether that is “614” or just oriental characters that happen to look like the numbers. I posted this in the What is it forum, but was hoping a few more eyes would get on it here. Any help would be appreciated.

I also found the pocket knife and wheat cents at the church.

Today I found a model T hubcap and a junk ring at a park I frequent. (Not pictured.)

Thanks for looking. GL & HH.
Bill

Upvote 7

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver I always look at quarters as like finding 3 dimes lol I don't know what the one is but it looks really cool sometimes its better to not know and use your imagination!!!!! Don't forget to Thank the good one up there for those !!!!!!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt finding two silver Washingtons and a cool mystery piece. Finding 2/3's of your total silver quarter finds for last year in one day has to be a good sign.
Hope you get a positive ID on that one piece.
Congrats!!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 'what is it' is a mystery to me too. Maybe the 614 is a 1614? Congrats on the silvers! :icon_thumleft:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good stuff right there....congrats!
But I still don't know what that token thingy is.:tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have it side ways but it is a late 19th C Button with a Chinese Geisha on it.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver, and the button is really cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread