Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Indian surgeons remove 263 coins, 100 nails from man’s stomach​

Personally I really could think of a better place to hide the bounty.
Now I have heard of folks swallowing a coin-they claim the penny comes out somewhat shiny.
Now there's a thought-I was always told to wash ones hands after handling money, yup there's a lot of truth to it thinking where it might of been.
(song lyrics "Dirty money")
So here's a little bit of the article-for those that don't click on links.

“We discovered in his stomach nut bolts, chains, 263 coins and around 100 nails. The surgery took three hours to perform,” Dr. APS Gaharwal, head of the general surgery department, told CNN.

“Post operatively, he was in a critical condition for 24 hours and was on ventilator support. Now he’s out of danger but he will need some time for his stomach to recover,” said Sharma. “There are still two to three coins in his rectum that will pass naturally.”

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 8.49.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 8.49.51 AM.png

So this is a form of mental sickness-but the other part of the article references another man swallowing knives over a period of a few months.

"In 2016, a 42-year-old man in the northern city of Amritsar in the state of Punjab was operated on after he spent two months swallowing knives. Forty knives were surgically removed from his stomach after doctors spent almost two days forming a diagnosis and surgery plan.

The man was believed to have had a rare mental disorder. The patient told doctors that he had no idea why he started eating knives but that he “developed a taste for metal” and “loved the way blades tasted.”

Now I was thinking if this fellow was stopped by police and they ask the question "Have you got any knives or other weapons on you?" :laughing7:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Sounds like an advanced case of pica. Some people eat hair, broken glass, dirt, etc. Sone say it’s a mental issue, others say a mineral deficiency being satisfied.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like an advanced case of pica. Some people eat hair, broken glass, dirt, etc. Sone say it’s a mental issue, others say a mineral deficiency being satisfied.
I have never heard of pica before, thanks for the learning.
That lead me to another example of this behavior.
Glore_Stomach_Display.jpg

Stomach contents of a psychiatric patient with pica: 1,446 items, including "453 nails, 42 screws, safety pins, spoon tops, and salt and pepper shaker tops".

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I have never heard of pica before, thanks for the learning.
That lead me to another example of this behavior.
View attachment 2079402
Stomach contents of a psychiatric patient with pica: 1,446 items, including "453 nails, 42 screws, safety pins, spoon tops, and salt and pepper shaker tops".
That’s incredible. There are some Extreme cases for sure.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the best way to UNDERSTAND is to be in THERE shoes ;9

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess the best way to UNDERSTAND is to be in THERE shoes ;9
Now I haven't seen this type of behavior before.
I do recall a few guys eating glass ashtrays, beer glasses, paper plates, plastic cutlery though.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I haven't seen this type of behavior before.
I do recall a few guys eating glass ashtrays, beer glasses, paper plates, plastic cutlery though.
HARD TO TELL WHAT PEOPLE DO EITHER ON Drugs or just plain crazy :( SO SAD !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread