Went back to Wyoming last week....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent 6 days in western Wyoming, again, in a fruitless search for those elusive diamonds. I didn't get stuck on this trip, but it was hot. I was getting up at 4:30AM, and working by 6:00. by noon, I was back at the camper. as usual, I didn't find any diamonds. On occasion, I've found a gray, shiny mineral, that is heavy, and extremely smooth. Finally figured out it's hematite. It shows up on the saruca pile, as it's heavier than most of the other minerals in the area.
P8110018.JPG

My back can only tolerate a couple of days of digging without a chance to "heal-up", so I usually spend one day just wandering. On this wander, I found some nice hunks of natural asbestos. I find smaller pieces in the saruca pile, as it's fairly heavy, but the big ones are just found laying on the ground in plain sight.
P8110013.JPG P8110014.JPG P8110015.JPG P8110016.JPG P8110017.JPG

Here's a pic of my setup on this trip. You can see the vibratory classifier, and the pile of gravel for the "soft" bed for the saruca when flipping it. The big tub is where I do the saruca work before flipping. I didn't bother with the jig on this trip, though I did have it along. I also hauled in 3 55 gallon drums of water. It's bone dry in that country. The Dodge was hauling a LOAD!, including pulling the camper.
P8050016.JPG
Heidi spent the mornings chasing rabbits, and was completely worn out by about 11:00, and looking for a shady spot...LOL
P8050014.JPG
Jim

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread