were is a good place to search thats near cartersville?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Wow, you are in such a historical site that finding places to hunt cant be too hard. So much history with trhe Indians burying gold on their long walk to sewveral buried gold legends,.
I know at 14 its hard to get around when you cant drive yet and not knowing how far walking /bike riding / distance is for you its a little difficult to help. Are there any detecting clubs there, that you could join and then it would be easy to catch rides with other members to hunts, outings etc.

How about parks or old homesteads? Boyscout camps or swimming holes? Town squares or where they are tearing down old houses?

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

jhunter

WELL MY BIG BROTHER SAID YOU TOLD HIM THAT THERES INDIAN STUFF BUT ITS NOT METAL.AND I DONT THINK THERES ANY CLUBS.IM 11 TURNING 12 IN FEB AND JUST GOT A SMITHS METAL DETECTOR.I HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING BUT A HORSESHOE!LIKE WHAT KIND OF HISTORIC SETTLEMENTS AT REDTOP,ETOWA MOUNDS,KENESAW MOUNT,OR ANY OF THAT STUFF I DONT THINK WOULD LET YOU LOOK.IF YOU EVER FIND A TRESURE HUNTING/MEATAL DETECTING CLUB PLEASE NOTIFY ME.AD ALSO WOULD AROUND STAMP CREEK OR ALLATUNA LAKE/THE ETOWA RIVER BE GOOD PLACES?WHAT ABOUT DILLENGER PARK?
:-\ :-[ ???

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
while the indian spots might not be covered your local city/town should be covered by the sanborn fire insurance maps from the late 1800s till near mid 1900s, most likely available at your library....gldhntr

Dragginbutt

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2006
Cartersville, North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 DI, Ace 250
Hey jhunter,
I live in cartersville too, and am glad there's another TH'er in town. Guess now I'll have some compition for some of the better spots. Dillinger Park seems to be real trashy, but the local soccer fields have given up a lot of clad and I found a Mexican Gold Wedding Band at one. The local school playgrounds also produce a few good finds. I will be starting some research at the Bartow History Center soon. Will keep you posted. BTW there are no "local" clubs nearby. Good luck searching!

D

DonC

xactav said:
Hey jhunter,
I live in cartersville too, and am glad there's another TH'er in town. Guess now I'll have some compition for some of the better spots. Dillinger Park seems to be real trashy, but the local soccer fields have given up a lot of clad and I found a Mexican Gold Wedding Band at one. The local school playgrounds also produce a few good finds. I will be starting some research at the Bartow History Center soon. Will keep you posted. BTW there are no "local" clubs nearby. Good luck searching!

D

DonC

DonC said:
xactav said:
Hey jhunter,
What are you interested in hunting for ? Civil War relics,coins or what?
I live in Calhoun,Ga. but am very familiar with C'ville area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread