Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did all the research and comparison of types of stores etc. I would like to do an ebay store but it seems that what I make would only go to ebay and pay for the store. Other than more free listing what else would be a reason for having a store? Do stores have a higher priority in listings?

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Final value fees are lower if you have a store. It depends on category, but I noticed it's only 6% on consumer electronics. I just sold a detector for $700, I would have saved $28 if I had a store.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've got a basic store. With the year subscription I pay $19.95 a month. That gets me 250 BIN & 250 auction listings. Maximum fees are 9% instead of the 10% that non-store people pay. Like GibH points out in some categories you get even lower fees. You also get a coupon for $25 every 3 months that can be used to buy shipping supplies from eBay. There is a vacation setting that allows you to close your store without having to relist everything when you re-open. Whether or not it's worthwhile depends on your sales volume.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the $49 store. I thought about switching lower but seemed always have stuck with this one. I get $50 and free shipping supplies every quarter which I use for tape (before that I was spending $30 a month in tape). The 9% in fees. And what I like because I sell a lot of things a month is that I can leave mass feedback in one click instead of going in and putting feedback individually for every single item.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I decided to go for the basic, nobody said it was a bad idea plus I can cancel if needed. Doing the monthly till I see if it will be a benefit. I had a difficult finding a name that was not in use. I went with Norms Basement. How ever the items I did the basic description does not have the ability to add it to my store catagorie only the ones I did with the advance description. Thanks all for the input.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I went with the basic store a couple years ago & have been satisfied. I opened it once I realized the 1% fee reduction would let me break even with $1500+ monthly sales. Due to some personal issues sales have been off the last couple months but prior to that my fees have been running between 7.8-8.2% of sales. That includes the monthly store fee.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
You should be very happy with the basic store. I mostly did it for the vacation settings. The are two different ones. One where people can still buy, and one where they can't. However, if you have OBO, they can still buy. Or if you have immediate payment, I think. I had to put my whole store on hold for three weeks and ended up calling them for help.

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
I started the basic store 3 years ago. A basic store makes mathematical sense if you have more than 100 listings. I believe if you have in the 250-300 listings range it makes sense to do the more 2nd level store, which I just switched to in May. So far I've been happy. You can also put items on sale, do promotions, etc. Not sure if you can do that with no store.

Very much a benefit, especially if you do Buy-It-Now prices. 99.9% of my items are fixed price Buy It Now as I deal in mostly new items. I run them "Good Til Cancelled" which means they run until I cancel them or sell out of them, which is perfect for me because when the listing expires, if I have quantity, they automatically renew themselves. Makes less work for me.

OP
OP
Beans

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am up to listing number 85 only 15 more to go.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I keep 200-300 items listed and the basic store still makes sense. Under the new rules you get 250 BIN listings & 250 auctions in the collectibles category every month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread