dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
[h=1]Is it okay to change a baby’s diaper in a Starbucks if there’s no restroom changing table?[/h]Published May 14, 2013
FoxNews.com

• 0_21_Starbucks1450.jpg

Nov. 10, 2008: In this file photo, a Starbucks store inside the Beachwood Mall in Beachwood, Ohio is seen. (AP)

It's often a great stresser among busy parents with small children on the go: Where to change a dirty diaper in public. But is it okay to pick the seat of a coffee shop?
That question led to a fight between a Denver mother of a one-year-old and Starbucks employees that resulted in a call to the police.
According to 9News.com in Denver
external-link.png
, Ruth Burgos had to change her one-year-old son’s diaper while getting a coffee on Friday night. Realizing that there was no changing table in the store’s restroom, she changed him in the seating area, on the seat.
“As a mother, you have to do what you have to do. Wherever you have to do it,” she told 9News. ”I just kind of wiped him off, cleaned him off as quickly as I could.”
Her husband says a Starbucks employee was rude to his wife, speaking in what he claims was a “demeaning tone.”
“He said make sure to wipe the seat when you’re done,” he said. “They started talking amongst themselves and laughing about it.”
He got so mad, he says, he dumped his venti coffee on the floor, saying, “Make sure you clean that.”
A Starbucks employee called the police to report a "disturbance," but ultimately nobody was arrested.
The coffee chain's representative Jaime Riley told 9News that Starbucks "apologized to the Burgos family," and wants all customers treated with "dignity and respect."
The issue of available changing table have long been an issue at restaurants and coffee shops. There have been several attempts to petition Starbucks to make changing tables standard at all shops, as well as online tips on which locations have them and which don't. There's even a blog dedicated
external-link.png
to restaurants and other eateries that don't have changing tables in men's bathrooms.
9News posted the story on its Facebook page
external-link.png
, creating some interesting responses: While some argue that changing tables are cheap and should be installed in all public bathrooms, others say Burgos could have gone into her car or even changed her son on the floor of the bathroom.
One posting read: "That is DISGUSTING. Why couldn't she just leave the Starbucks and change her child in her car?! Or perhaps be more prepared with a changing pad she could put down in the bathroom? Or do ANYTHING other than change her child's DIAPER in a room where people are EATING?! Ugh. People."
Another person posted this: "Businesses should be more accommodating!!! If there's no changing station I have to lay my baby on the floor not cool!!"
What do you think? Was is okay for Burgos to change her son's diaper on the seat? Were the Starbucks employees out of line?

Read more: Is it okay to change a baby?s diaper in a Starbucks if there?s no restroom changing table? | Fox News

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe they should have changing tables in the restroom, but in the dining room where people are eating is not the place. Then to throw a tantrum and purposely spill your coffee, that says enough about the parents right there.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe they should have changing tables in the restroom, but in the dining room where people are eating is not the place. Then to throw a tantrum and purposely spill your coffee, that says enough about the parents right there.
That was my exact thoughts. I feal the parents were more or less looking for trouble.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I stumbled into a Starbucks it smelled just like that. I Lv. coffee but 5 bucks a cup. Then spill it to make a point sorry I would have been fired. But first I would of slipped,fell and then sued them:laughing7: Telling the judge I was only giving them a doggy bag to take their CRAP home.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eww,heck no,gross! It does sound like the parents were being little s___s themselves.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is evident that Emily Post is no longer read! What kind of idiot would even consider cleaning a fouled diaper at a public eating establishment. It might be time for these "people", to be visited by social services. If that's how they act in public I wonder what their dining room table looks like?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Disgusting, have a little pride and dignity. Thats even worse than making out in wallmart.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Here is another disgusting diaper change. I never put anything in the child seat part of the cart either.
images

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Disgusting, have a little pride and dignity. Thats even worse than making out in wallmart.

making out in walmart? is that wrong? now you tell me!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey Dram? it's nearly supper time, have some mercy

OP
OP