What do you think? 3 silver Eagles for $90?

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think? 4 Eagles for $100??

In the first week of June, I bought 3 uncirculated silver Eagles for $90.... It seemed to be one of the only ways to get physical silver in a small town out side of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Today I read this:
11 Things You Need To Know About Silver Right Now | Don't Tread On Me

Then I read this:
More DHS insider from DC

My question is "What would you do if given the chance to pay the same again?"

Last edited:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Nowadays that is high, but in early June might have been a good deal. The price is moving so fast. If I had no silver I would feel comfortable buying a decent amount if close to spot. I bought a few one ounce JM bars for just over $21 today. I have been dollar cost averaging so long I cannot justify going "all in". If I need money in a pinch and have to sell silver and God forbid silver stays low for a long time ($16 or so like TreasurePirate predicts), I would take too much of a loss. And although I think that chance is 1-3% out of 100, it still can happen. Just me guessing.

Jim

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
In the first week of June, I bought 3 uncirculated silver Eagles for $90.... It seemed to be one of the only ways to get physical silver in a small town out side of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Today I read this:
11 Things You Need To Know About Silver Right Now | Don't Tread On Me

Then I read this:
More DHS insider from DC

My question is "What would you do if given the chance to pay the same again?"

Did you read to the end of the DHS insider article in that link?

He predicts the drop in PM's as the beginning of the coming Obama orchestrated dollar collapse.
It's a must read!

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the same fellow, not quite a month has passed, again selling silver. Today, I bough 4 Buffalo one ounce coins and 4 Silver Eagles for a total $200... Did I do any better?

Then I ran across this program featuring Lindsay Williams. (The audio is bad, start at 12 min. and 15 seconds, but the info he talks about keeps you listening....

Last edited:

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you paid about $40 too much.

That's a little bit exaggerated. Even if he bought them today at spot they would be almost $20 each or $60. Making them $30 more than spot. I don't remember what spot was on the 20th of June, but it was higher than it is today. Also, ASEs always have a premium of a couple to $5 over spot. So if he bought them today, he could easily expect them to cost at least $75. I am sure that spot was higher by enough margin to cover the extra $15, thereby making it an ok deal for that day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions