What does a Tombac ring up on a Deus II?

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
I would think that particular alloy of metals would have a distinct signature on the Deus II. That is one of the things I love about this machine. It has the most reliable ID readings I have ever seen. If I see a 94, it is almost always a quarter. Every time it was a quarter, it was 94. It is amazing how little fluctuation there is. Not even a digit of bobble. Same with silver dimes. Every one has read 92. And it is regardless of depth. I was surprised when my 10" deep Merc, which was a light signal so I knew it was deep, was a solid 92 both ways before digging. Zinc pennies will bobble a bit, but they are most of the time around 96 +or - a digit. IHPs have been solid 95s. Copper memorial pennies can vary a digit but are typically 91. An 88 or 89 can be a wheat penny, but sometimes they will hit 90. The only silver half I have found with it was a solid 96 both ways at 6" deep. It is so cool to get a 92 and think, this could very well be a silver dime, and then watch that silver flash in the hole.

I have found the fastest way to sort dug pennies is to read them on the Deus. Coppers read 90 or 91, zincs read 85 or 86.

There must be a number I can use to tell if my button is a Tombac. Anyone know what it is?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that particular alloy of metals would have a distinct signature on the Deus II...There must be a number I can use to tell if my button is a Tombac. Anyone know what it is?
tn_metal_detector.gif
Until a member(s) replies - you might consider posting your pictures on XP METAL DETECTORS > DEUS II for additional exposure...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread