Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is cool looking! I'm thinking it's banded chert. But the color seems a bit strange. Is it more brownish red than it looks in the pic?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Wenoka

Jul 5, 2018
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is cool looking! I'm thinking it's banded chert. But the color seems a bit strange. Is it more brownish red than it looks in the pic?

It does have some brown lines and it looks like different shades of pink or reds

Upvote 0

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a freakin' cool rock...that's what it is! That would make some really cool points if you could get it into the hands of an experienced knapper. Nice find!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this rock in a pile it was the one like it. I thought it was cool looking and would just like to know what kind of rock it is.
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Wenok! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - people may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved from Today's Finds! over to Forum: Rocks/Gems for more exposure.

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi. I Don't know but it's a good show piece.Congrats

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread