What model from Whites is similar to Spectrum XLT?

dalikkkk

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What model from White's is similar to Spectrum XLT?

Hello,

Long time ago, a friend of mine used to own a Spectrum XLT, and I found it extremely versatile and easy to use. I wouldn't go for a different model, but it's not manufactured anymore.
I can't buy a second hand XLT for legal reasons: the law in Romania (the country I live in) requires that you provide the invoice for obtaining the detector permit, which is slightly more complicated when buying a second hand metal detector. So I can't buy a second hand XLT from overseas or anywhere, which forces me to buy a new one.

So, the question is: which model that White's has now is the closest to the XLT? Which is the modern XLT from Whites?

Thank you for your time.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XLT was an E-series. Whites current E-series detectors are the M6, MXT & MXT Pro. I've owned an MXT Pro and it was great machine. I'm sorry I got rid of it.
However...I would would think the XLT is more similar to the current Spectra series Vx3 or V3i. Pricey for sure but very nice and loaded with features, very nice color screens and great coils selection.

The E-Series are powerful, simple and easy to use. The Specra series are multi frequency units that should be a little better at finding the goodies (I never had my Vx3 find anything my MXTP wouldn't have). They are more complicated with a much steeper learning curve.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The XLT was replaced by the DFX. The DFX has been discontinued, but there are still new ones on the dealer shelves, so that is still potentially an option for you. The model that is replacing the DFX is the Vx3, which is obviously available through dealerships.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Great question as I really liked the XLT that I got to try out.

OP
OP
D

dalikkkk

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the quick answer.
I guess V3 is the one, I'll go find one.
I'll keep you posted with the goodies I'll find.

Good luck! :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U wont regreat a v3i its an awesome detector, theres just nothing this thing cant do thats y I got all the extras for mine keep it as versitle as possible good luck

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
I just got back from a club hunt in Brooklyn NY. My whites V3i killed it. Its a great detector. The learning curve is moderate. Still learning after 3 years on it. But u can totally customize the detector in just about every way. And its super light a pleasure ti swing. Love the 950 and double D coil. Good luck

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from a club hunt in Brooklyn NY. My whites V3i killed it. Its a great detector. The learning curve is moderate. Still learning after 3 years on it. But u can totally customize the detector in just about every way. And its super light a pleasure ti swing. Love the 950 and double D coil. Good luck

Im with ya there great machine I got that 950 coil but I havent used it in a while I moved to the sef coils there hot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions