QuarterMaster87

Aug 29, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, XP Deus v. 4.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I've been detecting for about 2 years now, and have a bad case of Silver Fever. I've dug 185 Silver coins so far, plus a couple dozen rings and charms. Quite often, I'll get a really deep signal that might be something shiny, but it turns out to be a Wheat Penny. I've got HUNDREDS of wheat pennies now. What do you guys and gals do with your Wheaties? Should I just turn them into the CoinStar machine, or is there a better way to get rid of them (quickly)?

Just Wondering what you all are doing, Thanks!

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roll them and sell them on ebay. $5 per roll or something.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dug wheats are worth squat. I dug hundreds & only the 1909's were sellable. the rest are "scrap". my LCS only buys no corrosion wheat common dates for 2 cents.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wheaties? Serve with milk and blueberries? I just keep mine in a jar.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

I've been detecting for about 2 years now, and have a bad case of Silver Fever. I've dug 185 Silver coins so far, plus a couple dozen rings and charms. Quite often, I'll get a really deep signal that might be something shiny, but it turns out to be a Wheat Penny. I've got HUNDREDS of wheat pennies now. What do you guys and gals do with your Wheaties? Should I just turn them into the CoinStar machine, or is there a better way to get rid of them (quickly)?

Just Wondering what you all are doing, Thanks!

That's a serious amount of silvers you've got going on there, what settings do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I'm about 3 weeks in on my CTX and the sucker is a penny magnet.

I've not gone out once yet, where I haven't found at least 15 pennies before the day is done.

I am up to 9 silver coins and 1 silver ring though, so it's working out better than my AT Pro.

As for the pennies..........can't you just take them into the bank for cash? Well that is after you've cleaned them up?

rcs

Mar 15, 2017
Western Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My LCS buys them for $.03 each. Taking 1,000 there today actually.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got drawers overflowing with them. Wheats here in northern NJ tend to corrode really bad either in the ground or right after they come out of the ground (turning all green and nasty.) I'd also look for 1910-1915 wheaties with mintmarks, the 1922, the 1931-s, keep any others from before 1940 that look pretty nice and then Coinstar the rest!

OP
OP
Q

QuarterMaster87

Aug 29, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, XP Deus v. 4.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm running the stock silver program, Manual sensitivity set to 24, High Trash selected. That's about it. I hunt a ton, and had an eTrac before my CTX so I'm used to the Minelab machines. Really, it's just about detecting areas others haven't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions