What types of artifacts/arrowheads are these?

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
Any description/information you can provide about the following artifacts would be appreciated. All found by me personally. Thank you.

Found in southern Ontario Canada:

IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0060.JPG

Found in central Missouri:

IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG

Found in central Colorado:

IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0069.JPG

Found in central Wyoming:

IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0067.JPG

Found in central Utah:

IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG

Thank you for your help,
Poncho

Upvote 0
Great looking points! Did you find them?

Great looking points! Did you find them?

Yes I found them all; don't know anything about artifacts. I think the first two maybe knives because I found them next to the waters edge at lakes; maybe used to skin fish; but really I have no idea LOL.

I know nothing of your areas but your probably right with blades, and i love the colors especially the second and forth.

Really nice finds some beautiful material and flaking on them. You can find a lot information about them online and figure out what type they are. I use
Projectilepoints.net often it’s a pretty good site to quickly narrow down start with google and type in “ Missouri projectile points” and click on the first link listed under the search results. If you search them like that with appropriate state where found you should be able to narrow it down.

Really nice finds some beautiful material and flaking on them. You can find a lot information about them online and figure out what type they are. I use
Projectilepoints.net often it’s a pretty good site to quickly narrow down start with google and type in “ Missouri projectile points” and click on the first link listed under the search results. If you search them like that with appropriate state where found you should be able to narrow it down.

Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you very much for your help.

No problem I’m sure some others will chime in and know what they are rite away especially as defined and intact as the bases are as for me I’m an East coaster (Maryland ) so not real familiar with types out your way. That is a pretty wide spread of states tho and some real nice finds did you travel to each place just to hunt points?

The first two are most likely Knives as you surmise. The others are Projectile Points of some type and using the site list by arrow86 should help you out. Great looking finds by the way.

No problem I’m sure some others will chime in and know what they are rite away especially as defined and intact as the bases are as for me I’m an East coaster (Maryland ) so not real familiar with types out your way. That is a pretty wide spread of states tho and some real nice finds did you travel to each place just to hunt points?

I am a rockhound, I fish, I hunt arrowheads, photograph animals, hike, most often at the same time LOL. I am retired and look everywhere I go if I have time. Thank you for your comments.

I am a rockhound, I fish, I hunt arrowheads, photograph animals, hike, most often at the same time LOL. I am retired and look everywhere I go if I have time. Thank you for your comments.

Sounds good to me all the things I love on a daily basis with no work ..... hmmm now I just gotta find a way to retire at age 32......🤔

The first piece was found pike fishing in Ontario. Most of the pike that day were 8 to 15 lbs. We stopped to roast some hot dogs for lunch on a little island and while chewing on a hot dog at the waters edge I saw 1 inch of the point sticking out of the mud underwater.

The second piece was also found fishing; while moving to a different location to cast I spotted it sticking out of the dirt as I passed by and backed up a couple steps when I realized mentally it was not just a rock.

The third piece was found also having lunch at a lake in Colorado except this time it was a sandwich I was chewing on and it was laying on top of the ground shining like a beacon. It was just so apparent because of its white color.

The fourth piece was found while I was in Geology Field Camp in Wyoming. Every afternoon at sunset I would hike to a nearby lake and watch the wildlife (mostly moose) come to drink from the lake. Walking the game trail to lake is where the fourth piece was found.

The last piece was found while looking for agates and coprolite in central Utah. It has always been one of my favorites and has a very small vug lined with very small quartz crystals.

Thank you all for your comments, input, and education.
Poncho

Very eye appealing material on those

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back