Whats a good metal detector?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to give more information. Land detecting for coins is little problem and there's lots that are reliable from Fisher, Tesoro, C-Scope, Garrett, XP etc. You just have to decide how important a meter would be to you. If you want to work a wet salt beach for rings its more difficult and they cost much more.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AN inexpensive but good and reliable. Or just tell me a good one and I'll look for it cheap on eBay.

Tesoro Compadre $170.00, great on gold jewelry and coins, turn on and go simplicity.

Dale32

Jun 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have some great deals on the fisher f2 on ebay. For $215 you get the metal detector, pinpointer, and more. It is a great machine for all around metal detecting or coin shooting for a beginner.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check our charter members classifieds... Poppa has an AT Pro there for $460 and you can count on him to deliver it and it will be in good working order....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread