Wheat War # 73 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
The Battle continues!!! This battle was a little more exciting than the last, although we found fewer wheats. Tanner lead the way with 6 wheats from a $25 box of cents bought from a Chase bank on 8 mile in Detroit. He scored a 1943 steal cent well worn, a King George VI (1940) and five common wheats. Dad only managed 5 Wheats (oldest1936) from a $25 box of cents bought from a BoA in Sterling Heights, MI. He also found a dime, a King George VI (1941) and a Cayman Island 2008 cent. We hope to complete our 100th battle before the new year.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• Wheat War 73.JPG
    Wheat War 73.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming u keep the copper, right?
The way I look at cents- coppers are keepers & wheats are a bonus. I still search them but want a Ryedale.

Love the Wheat Wars! Great idea to spend time with your boy.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish my dad was as enthusiastic searching coin rolls as your dad.

HH
-D1MES

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad absolutely hates me now and refuses to talk to me. Like I don't exist. He goes on to tell everybody in my family that I have no life, and I do this to burn time, I do have a life and I don't do it to burn time I Do it for the thrill of the Hunt! You just can't understand dad!

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad absolutely hates me now and refuses to talk to me. Like I don't exist. He goes on to tell everybody in my family that I have no life, and I do this to burn time, I do have a life and I don't do it to burn time I Do it for the thrill of the Hunt! You just can't understand dad!

Your dad sounds like, all my friends, my mom, my sister :\

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
Your dad sounds like, all my friends, my mom, my sister :\

Well my dad shuns me, my brother is embarrassed with me in the banks or even near a bank, and my mother is also embarresed when I enter the dump bank with a bag full of dimes, but she gets easy when she sees other Crhs there ( so much competition). My dog is probably the only Family member that thinks I'm normal ( or so I think? )

Also - my friends dont know about it, and I don't think your friends would do that do you because if they do, they really aren't friends

Last edited:
OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm assuming u keep the copper, right?

Nope all are pitched back into the wild. We started doing this to see how much of a Whitman folder we could fill up. The only time we were ever skunked on $25 of cents was when I picked up a box with old nasty wrappers, it was solid copper and no wheats:icon_scratch:. They all went back into the wild. I think the immediate profit of finding just one silver half is much greater than holding on to pounds of cents.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Your stat sheet photo indicated an asterisk of one that was needed for the book. Which coin was it that was needed? Also, would you mind sharing a photo of the Wild Book? I would love to see your progress.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Your stat sheet photo indicated an asterisk of one that was needed for the book. Which coin was it that was needed? Also, would you mind sharing a photo of the Wild Book? I would love to see your progress.

We put the asterisk next to to coin in the Wheat War when it is needed for the book. There were none needed from this battle. If we find one cent per month for the book we are doing well. Also here are some photos of our Found in the Wild Book # 1. In book number 2 all we need is an 1949 s.

All these coins were found while searching rolls except the 1909. Tanner found that in his lunch money change.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_0996.JPG
    100_0996.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_1001.JPG
    100_1001.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1005.JPG
    100_1005.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_1002.JPG
    100_1002.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to hold onto the copper just sell it on eBay for profit. It's easy !

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
No need to hold onto the copper just sell it on eBay for profit. It's easy !

Ebay takes about 20% in fees with Paypal. You would gain more money if you had over 68+ o/ copper cents vs 10 lb bags at only about 2 dollars profit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread