WHEATS! MEGA-SCORE!

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to a bank and ask for a box of pennies. He says no full boxes but he has 16 rolls of CWR's and can give me 34 MWR's. So I said ok, bought them and left. I open the first CWR....SOLID WHEATS.....AND THE NEXT AND THE NEXT. Managed to pull 11 wheats from the MWR's for a grand total of 811 wheat pennies!! Also got a 1912 Honduras 2 Centavo from this batch. (got plenty of 1910's, 20's, and 30's, no key-dates, but still filled a few holes in the book)
7-16-12 800 plus wheats.JPG

Upvote 0

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
oposs said:
Wow! Congratulations! I recently got a box of pennies and there were 3 wrappers that had "M" written on them and one stamped 1970S. Of course I'm cussing this "M" guy in my head. I open them and it turns out they said "W"! Lol I had 3 full rolls of wheaties and a roll of beautiful, shiny 1970S pennies! I love hearing about other peoples awesome finds!

ANY small date 70s?

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
My humble little BH Tracker IV. Since I dig absolutely everything (electric lines running to my garage included) I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Doing my research first.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dustywallen said:
ANY small date 70s?

I really haven't gone through them. I'm scared of touching them because they're so pretty. I looked at a few and couldn't tell if they're large or small. The man at the coin shop I go to offered to check them for me but I keep forgetting to take them with me when I go.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
oposs said:
I really haven't gone through them. I'm scared of touching them because they're so pretty. I looked at a few and couldn't tell if they're large or small. The man at the coin shop I go to offered to check them for me but I keep forgetting to take them with me when I go.

I have posted about the small date several times. I have also put up some pictures. The easiest way I have found to tell is to look at the tail of the 9.

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
My humble little BH Tracker IV. Since I dig absolutely everything (electric lines running to my garage included) I don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Doing my research first.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get some gloves on and have another look. It almost doesn't even matter to me if they're lg or sm because I wouldn't sell them either way.

oposs

Jul 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I definitely have some large and small dates. I took pictures of the pile but you can't even make out the date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread