Where do the machine halves dumps go

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say TD bank which never orders halves, where do all the halves we dump go? Sell to another bank that orders halves for customers??

The same goes for banks that have *coin counters* but wont order halves like Capital One, CUs and others

One way to explain this may be that the courier sell back to the fed, the fed then sell it to another courier when the courier gets halve orders from other banks.
:laughing9:

updated to clarify what I mean

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td sends them to lumis or whoever they have carry the coins. They don't order but they take them in. But there halves bags depending on location get filled 5-8 times a year

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td sends them to lumis or whoever they have carry the coins. They don't order but they take them in. But there halves bags depending on location get filled 5-8 times a year
haha not my td bank. i fill that 5-8 times a week :p Gotta love being that guy that calls over the attendant five times to change coin bags

F

Farchaus2k

i fill that 5-8 times a week :p Gotta love being that guy that calls over the attendant five times to change coin bags

You have a lot to learn about this hobby. That is the easiest way to get cut-off at a bank.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know different TD locations have different couriers.

So what do the couriers do with all those halves? Sell to Fed Reserve? Sell to another bank?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TD bank's penny arcade bags are to be delivered(picked up) by brinks.
TD bank also is supplied coin by Brinks.

I think it all depends on area.

Last edited:

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Most banks will send it to their carrier who will pick up the filled bags when they deliver coins. The carrier will then sort it and credit the bank who sent them and then re-package the coins (or give it to some company who will) and bring back the boxes.

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most banks will send it to their carrier who will pick up the filled bags when they deliver coins. The carrier will then sort it and credit the bank who sent them and then re-package the coins (or give it to some company who will) and bring back the boxes.

you confirmed my theory.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Td got me 500 bags now i just bring the bags with $500 in them. They send them out count and ajust my account if needed.Then an sure they would sell them to who ever?? I still dump at other banks. I ordered 6 bags from L.L BEAN. They are much better. If am going to bring the bags to td then i put the coin right in the bags. The coin bags the bank gave me!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread