Tesoro Vaquero
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking to buy a metal detector mainly for prospecting which would be better, would use a bit for relic hunting too. Any thing is helpful thanks(:
I actually own the Orx and the Garrett 24K, the ORX i just picked it up in a trade deal and have started doing some testing on some very small nuggets, I have also owned the GM1000 (Gold Monster) at one time

all three of the detectors I have mentioned will hit very small nuggets, the GM1000 there was things I absolutely hated about the GM1000

as far as the ORX and the 24K the 24K will hit small nuggets deeper and with more authority based on my comparison test I have done, I traded for the ORX for one reason, because I wanted a Nugget detector that was compact enough to throw in a back pack when I go out nugget detecting, so I could carry it with me while I am swinging my Axiom and the ORX fit that bill very well, but if I was going to just carry one VLF only out with me when nugget detecting and a VLF was all I had for nugget detection, I would grab my 24K over the ORX, if I was going to detect a park I would choose the ORX, the hardest thing for me with the ORX is that small screen is very hard to see, and the other thing for me is I am very new to the ORX so far I am liking it a little, but having said that it works as I intended for it to work

The differences between the 24K and the GM1000 as far as seeing small gold is not that big as far as sensitivity to small gold having owned both the 24K and the GM1000 I would give the sensitivity on small gold to the 24K, why because of the slightly higher KHz the 24K runs

The other thing I like about the 24K over the GM1000 is the 24K there is 4 coils that can be used on the 24K the GM1000 there is only two coils available for use on the GM1000, having four coils for the 24K makes it a much more versatile detector for nuggets than the GM1000 in my opinion

GM1000 - a 6x10 elliptical and a 6 inch round Coil

24K - a 6x10 Elliptical, a 6 inch round, a 14x8 Elliptical and a 3 or 4x6 elliptical

ORX - A 9 inch HF coil, A 9.5x5 HF Elliptical and three X35 coils in different sizes ranging from 9 inch round, 11 inch round, and one more Larger round not sure of the largest X35 coil

The one thing I do like about the ORX is all the different frequencies that are available for use in the ORX,where as the 24K is a single frequency 48KHz detector, the GM1000 45KHz single frequency detector

Again of the two you mentioned if I only had one VLF nugget detector to choose from it would be the 24K for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread